Black friday/Cyber monday

Rustlestiltskin

I will be in the market for a 19 - 27" bedroom flat panel tv for the GF. Decent sound and built-in tuner are my only real requirements since it will not have a cable box, just OTA network HD.

As long as it's a reputable brand I think my standards can be met through some BF deal. Buying an "element" 55 inch though, wowie.

Since reading, general logic and inference obviously aren’t your strong suit I will spell out for you what I've already said. I’m looking to spend, from what little research I’ve done, $1-1.5k on a new TV in the 50-55” range. This looks like it should get a middle of the line TV. If I can get one of the better TVs out there for $1.3k instead of $1.5k during the holiday season that’s what I’m looking for. I have 0 interest in buying a BF door buster junk TV.

We were out shopping for the kids in our life last weekend and I saw this. It might be a huge help for you.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/p%7CGG371~~.jsp

I purchased a LG (In my opinion, the second best brand on the market behind Samsung) 55" LED slim TV at Best Buy a few months ago (April) for $599.99. 120HZ, 1080p, killer picture, 4 HDMI ports, smarthub (not smartTV, those are a waste of money to me).

You can get an awesome TV for that price if that's the size range you're looking for. I don't think you need to spend that much to get a great TV, even not on black friday (I decided I won't buy any TV's on that day, even though in my previous thread I said I'd buy a 32", I rethought it).

For those about to jump my shit about getting a SmartTv, you can literally hook up a smart Blu-Ray player for $60 and it uses the EXACT same portal as SmartTV's for a fraction of the cost. I have that set up on each of my TV's and it works flawlessly.

I purchased a LG (In my opinion, the second best brand on the market behind Samsung) 55" LED slim TV at Best Buy a few months ago (April) for $599.99. 120HZ, 1080p, killer picture, 4 HDMI ports, smarthub (not smartTV, those are a waste of money to me).

You can get an awesome TV for that price if that's the size range you're looking for. I don't think you need to spend that much to get a great TV, even not on black friday (I decided I won't buy any TV's on that day, even though in my previous thread I said I'd buy a 32", I rethought it).

For those about to jump my shit about getting a SmartTv, you can literally hook up a smart Blu-Ray player for $60 and it uses the EXACT same portal as SmartTV's for a fraction of the cost. I have that set up on each of my TV's and it works flawlessly.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/11/24/lg-promises-to-fix-controversial-smart-tv-data-collection-settings/

LG :lolguy: :dumb:

I'm sure there is a negative article about just about every brand in this entire world.

PS, article doesn't load, just saw the headline on it.

Basically LG's Smart TVs (not sure if Smarthub includes internet connection) were logging, reporting, and storing customer viewing data even if customers explicitly changed privacy settings to prevent it. They got busted.

FYI, for anyone in the market, HHGregg has a 55" Samsung LED Smart TV (UN55F6300) for 899.99 and a 60" Sharp Aquos 60" LED Smart TV (LC60LE650U) for 999.99.

Both look like great TV's. Both 1080 and 120Hz of course. Not sure of other specs.

I've been happy with my 60" sharp aquos for a year now. Although I don't think the kids watching Nick Jr in standard def on it is a very good indicator. :dumb:

For that price for that much of a TV, LG can log all the shit they want about me. What the fuck do I care if they know what I watch? With my huge ass baller TV, so will my neighbors by virtue of just looking through my window.

For that price for that much of a TV, LG can log all the shit they want about me. What the fuck do I care if they know what I watch? With my huge ass baller TV, so will my neighbors by virtue of just looking through my window.

That's just because you want some LG drone to be impressed that anyone can watch 23 hours of hair product informercials per day.