Question about Ipads

Rustlestiltskin

Was thinking about getting 1-2 for the family this year.

Question is, are they really worth getting over kindle fire's or anything else comparable? Should I get the Ipad Air over the Ipad 2?

Comments/Opinions strongly needed.

What we'd be using them for:

-browsing internet

-gaming/education apps for our 2 boys

-facetime talk with family out of state

I'll be wanting to purchase these tomorrow since there are some good Ipad deals going on (Target has $100 gift cards for each one)

Wife has Kindle Fire HD and I have an iPad mini. The mini is what prompted me to switch my phone from four Androids in a row to an iPhone. I prefer the iPad over the Kindle by leaps and bounds. My 2 year old and my wife don't seem to have a preference but that's because they only really use it for reading, netflix, pandora and games. I use my iPad for everything from banking and etrade to games and movies. The iPad is a more complete device. If you're only using it for media content and some light browsing, go with the Kindle.

Was thinking about getting 1-2 for the family this year.

Question is, are they really worth getting over kindle fire's or anything else comparable? Should I get the Ipad Air over the Ipad 2?

I'd go with the new Air or at the very least, better than the iPad 2. Things evolve too fast anymore.

What we'd be using them for:

-browsing internet

-gaming/education apps for our 2 boys

-facetime talk with family out of state

iPads are perfect for the above. Especially gaming since games and attention spans are cheap and short. Better than a DS game for sure. Not to mention more versatile.

We have four in the house. One for the family, one for each kid (school issued) and then one for my job. They all get great usage. We use them for face time/Skype on days like today. Our webcam on the Computer never gets used.

I'd recommend getting the Logitec Keyboard too. Especially if you plan on doing emails and web typing on it. Well worth the money. Love ours.

I'll be wanting to purchase these tomorrow since there are some good Ipad deals going on (Target has $100 gift cards for each one)

This is a great deal too. Use a target card and get an additional 5% off.

I'd go with the new Air or at the very least, better than the iPad 2. Things evolve too fast anymore.

iPads are perfect for the above. Especially gaming since games and attention spans are cheap and short. Better than a DS game for sure. Not to mention more versatile.

We have four in the house. One for the family, one for each kid (school issued) and then one for my job. They all get great usage. We use them for face time/Skype on days like today. Our webcam on the Computer never gets used.

I'd recommend getting the Logitec Keyboard too. Especially if you plan on doing emails and web typing on it. Well worth the money. Love ours.

This is a great deal too. Use a target card and get an additional 5% off.

Amazing info. Thanks Tim. Exactly what I wanted to hear!

I have the Air and the rMini. iPads are by far the best tablet you can buy. I have had all the flagship Droid tablets and nothing compares. I can't imagine the Kindle being as good as any Droid and nothing close to an iPad.

The Air is so much lighter and thinner than the original iPads that I would never consider the old one.

I'm in a spot where I have to desire if in going to be using my iPad 3 for work or buy a IPad Air or the new mini with upgraded screen. I might be selling my IPad 3 32 gig soon. Got it on launch day and in a cover daily. Anyone else made this switch. Really thinking about the air.

If you and the wife have iPhones, the iPad is a low-tech way to simply add content to multiple devices. Download Yo Gabba Gabba vids to the iPad for the kids, they can access them on your phone while travelling.

After working the all-new "smart" TV's in our house, I think Apples interface on the Apple TV we have is the easiest to understand and use. +1 for Apple tech.

If you and the wife have iPhones, the iPad is a low-tech way to simply add content to multiple devices. Download Yo Gabba Gabba vids to the iPad for the kids, they can access them on your phone while travelling.

After working the all-new "smart" TV's in our house, I think Apples interface on the Apple TV we have is the easiest to understand and use. +1 for Apple tech.

^^ I just spent 10 minutes trying to catch my wife up on all this "smart" stuff as we are adding another TV to the house and shuffling the existing ones around. Her brain still hurts but today she's interested in this Apple TV Stuff. Why? Because Apple :no::dumb::fuuuu::gabe:

Traded in my 1st gen iPad to target for a $200 gift card at the beginning of November. (Felt like I couldn't pass that up) Bought a 16gb LTE iPad Air from them. Wow what a difference, everything, screen, weight, speed... We sold our 2nd MacBook Air and now I am looking to buy a iPad Mini Retina for the kids. Gonna see what Cyber Monday brings for deals.

^^ I just spent 10 minutes trying to catch my wife up on all this "smart" stuff as we are adding another TV to the house and shuffling the existing ones around. Her brain still hurts but today she's interested in this Apple TV Stuff. Why? Because Apple :no::dumb::fuuuu::gabe:

I'll be the first to admit that there is certainly better tech available, modular for upgrades, etc... but when my 2-year old can navigate Netflix for Kick Buttowski episodes using a tiny Apple remote, that's the sort of tech I need right now. Super simple, clean, easy to use.

I'll be the first to admit that there is certainly better tech available, modular for upgrades, etc... but when my 2-year old can navigate Netflix for Kick Buttowski episodes using a tiny Apple remote, that's the sort of tech I need right now. Super simple, clean, easy to use.

Agree. Easy button is 99% of what people look for. Including my family.