Paul Walker Dead at 40

Mark1647545493

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go kick some rocks and think about what you said

I like that- I am going to use that with my 4 year old.

I don't know if you all saw this comment in the original article posted in this thread but it impacted me:

-----------------------------

I met Paul a couple years back here in Toronto. I was a freshly minted 20 year old wannabe know it all still obsessed with the F&F films. He was here for TIFF, and had stopped in a Starbucks, real incognito style, and ordered a drink. When I spotted him, my first thought was to not say anything at all, and sneak a photo with my iPhone, but as I was staring at him (he was wearing a baseball cap and a Lakers tee) he noticed me, and he said "You know who I am huh? Or are you just starstruck?" and then laughed. I told him I definitely recognized him and that I had seen all his movies and his trip to Mines Japan (which I still haven't visited!) and thought he was a cool dude. I told him I loved cars, and someday hoped to have a Skyline GT-R myself.

I couldn't get the words out fast enough - I swear I felt like the kid from a Christmas Story blurting out what he wanted to Santa.

He just smiled and nodded his head and said "That's cool man. You seem like a cool dude, I think you'll land a GT-R with that kind of attitude. Don't give up on your passion, and next time, say hello! Take it easy." and he walked out to a busy College and Yonge intersection.

The genuine kindness that emitted from him was huge. You could tell he was a car guy, and appreciated all car guys. To say I'm sad to see he's passed is an understatement - I think all the guys in my age group (25-30) can say that he undoubtedly fueled and ignited a huge passion for tuning and Japanese cars that we still have to this day.

He'll be sorely missed, but greatly remembered.

I like that- I am going to use that with my 4 year old.

I don't know if you all saw this comment in the original article posted in this thread but it impacted me:

-----------------------------

I met Paul a couple years back here in Toronto. I was a freshly minted 20 year old wannabe know it all still obsessed with the F&F films. He was here for TIFF, and had stopped in a Starbucks, real incognito style, and ordered a drink. When I spotted him, my first thought was to not say anything at all, and sneak a photo with my iPhone, but as I was staring at him (he was wearing a baseball cap and a Lakers tee) he noticed me, and he said "You know who I am huh? Or are you just starstruck?" and then laughed. I told him I definitely recognized him and that I had seen all his movies and his trip to Mines Japan (which I still haven't visited!) and thought he was a cool dude. I told him I loved cars, and someday hoped to have a Skyline GT-R myself.

I couldn't get the words out fast enough - I swear I felt like the kid from a Christmas Story blurting out what he wanted to Santa.

He just smiled and nodded his head and said "That's cool man. You seem like a cool dude, I think you'll land a GT-R with that kind of attitude. Don't give up on your passion, and next time, say hello! Take it easy." and he walked out to a busy College and Yonge intersection.

The genuine kindness that emitted from him was huge. You could tell he was a car guy, and appreciated all car guys. To say I'm sad to see he's passed is an understatement - I think all the guys in my age group (25-30) can say that he undoubtedly fueled and ignited a huge passion for tuning and Japanese cars that we still have to this day.

He'll be sorely missed, but greatly remembered.

My thoughts exactly.

It wasn't on a straight away, it was a road that was a well known area where drivers do test-drifting. The same place I read that also said that the vehicle slammed into a telephone pole (/tree) on the passenger side door, and split the vehicle in half busting the fuel lines and spraying fuel all over the car. Carbon fiber was nice for weight reduction but crap for protection lol.

Apparently there were no skid marks until just before impact, and those were straight.

I've been thinking about this unfortunate death (regardless of circumstances) and it reminded me of the first time I noticed Paul Walker in a movie. Some of you old DSM'ers may remember this story and time but it was back when the first F&F came out.

Some of you may remember the failed venture that was Force Fed Industries and my association with the company. I was friends with the crew over there through the original Columbus DSM crew way back when. They sponsored my car build and my ambition of having one of the fastest A/T DSM's in the country. (Made it to 4 on the list thanks to Dan's good driving and before it became cool to have an A/T). Thanks to a not yet failed engagement with an ex I got rid of the car.

Prior to getting rid of the car and FFI going out of business, they sponsored a car show movie premier at Crosswoods in Pickerington for the original F&F. I never could stand the whole ricer mods that the movie brought but I appreciated the culture it created at the time. There were so many people that were into foreign cars or into making cars their own.

People (generally) were friendly and always willing to help others and the community as a whole was so much fun to be around. The side of the movie theater was blocked off and there were so many different cars that showed up, foreign and domestic. So many different mods and personalities and it was just fun. Probably helped that I was in my early 20's then and was a newb but it was fun. Most attendees went into the movie early and came back out and hung out. It was just a blast and a lot of friends were made that night.

Most of us spent the night railing on the movie for inaccuracies such as shifting 6 times on a 5-speed Eclipse, but regardless the movie was a great popcorn movie. Most people had smiles on their faces that continued into the night. To me the movie promoted a great idea of having a make shift family among those with common interests (cars). It was cheesy and Paul's performance certainly was also. But it was fun and it created a culture that was fun for several years.

I have enjoyed the F&F movies over the years and they always remind me of that time at the theater and those few years when the import community in Columbus was really close.

It saddened me to hear of Paul's death and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Pavo

I've been thinking about this unfortunate death (regardless of circumstances) and it reminded me of the first time I noticed Paul Walker in a movie. Some of you old DSM'ers may remember this story and time but it was back when the first F&F came out.

Some of you may remember the failed venture that was Force Fed Industries and my association with the company. I was friends with the crew over there through the original Columbus DSM crew way back when. They sponsored my car build and my ambition of having one of the fastest A/T DSM's in the country. (Made it to 4 on the list thanks to Dan's good driving and before it became cool to have an A/T). Thanks to a not yet failed engagement with an ex I got rid of the car.

Prior to getting rid of the car and FFI going out of business, they sponsored a car show movie premier at Crosswoods in Pickerington for the original F&F. I never could stand the whole ricer mods that the movie brought but I appreciated the culture it created at the time. There were so many people that were into foreign cars or into making cars their own.

People (generally) were friendly and always willing to help others and the community as a whole was so much fun to be around. The side of the movie theater was blocked off and there were so many different cars that showed up, foreign and domestic. So many different mods and personalities and it was just fun. Probably helped that I was in my early 20's then and was a newb but it was fun. Most attendees went into the movie early and came back out and hung out. It was just a blast and a lot of friends were made that night.

Most of us spent the night railing on the movie for inaccuracies such as shifting 6 times on a 5-speed Eclipse, but regardless the movie was a great popcorn movie. Most people had smiles on their faces that continued into the night. To me the movie promoted a great idea of having a make shift family among those with common interests (cars). It was cheesy and Paul's performance certainly was also. But it was fun and it created a culture that was fun for several years.

I have enjoyed the F&F movies over the years and they always remind me of that time at the theater and those few years when the import community in Columbus was really close.

It saddened me to hear of Paul's death and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Pavo

Well said Aaron!

I truly miss those day's of hanging out with family and friends. As we grow older and look back at our past, sure do miss it :(