RWD in the snow

Stretch

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cup tires on icy roads with zero salt or anything, now that's a wild ride. Drove a few times like this where I was caught out of town

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/408303630.jpg

And in a mid engine, to boot. That'll rotate quick if you're not careful.

Or if you drive a ff daily and your hand is on the parking brake the entire drive. tee hee ;)

I DD'd my Mustang year round for almost 8 years before I start building a stable so I feel your pain. In the 90s the Traction control is almost a joke, never once put a set of snow tires on her and made it through with hardly a scratch. Definitely some moments where you are puckered up though. I've never turned one of your generation sideways, does it slide predictably or no? Mine once you can feel her break loose you can just kind of work with it...up to a point.

Glad you are ok though!

I DD'd my Mustang year round for almost 8 years before I start building a stable so I feel your pain. In the 90s the Traction control is almost a joke, never once put a set of snow tires on her and made it through with hardly a scratch. Definitely some moments where you are puckered up though. I've never turned one of your generation sideways, does it slide predictably or no? Mine once you can feel her break loose you can just kind of work with it...up to a point.

Glad you are ok though!

As soon as it broke loose I knew exactly where it was going to go.

Company came and towed the car away today. After going over it real closely in the day light the door got bent up pretty good as well.

Said they'd call in the next 2 days to update me

As soon as it broke loose I knew exactly where it was going to go.

Company came and towed the car away today. After going over it real closely in the day light the door got bent up pretty good as well.

Said they'd call in the next 2 days to update me

When they call you and tell you it's salvageable, tell them you want it to look like this

http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/4224953128.html

when it's done.

When they call you and tell you it's salvageable, tell them you want it to look like this

http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/4224953128.html

when it's done.

That thing makes me laugh every time I see it lol

That sucks.

Is it the V6? I don't see any GT badges

Yea just the V6. I commute a lot so I needed the fuel mileage.

I thought that was a fake add until I checked out there web site. Unreal.

Sheet Metal Happens = SMH.

Coincidence? I think not.

Also what crackhead appraised it at $75,000? I'm guessing they walked into a high school classroom and said "We'll give $100 to the first person who can add up the total of all these receipts and call himself an appraiser!"

Thats why I have AWD and a set of snow tires for it. Was driving down the highway today like a BOSS. 80mph was no problem. Passing the slow people, wish they'd just stay off the road.

this is ohio you need AWD or 4x4, otherwise stay in the house.