Where to get a Remote Start?

Bark

My girlfriend would like to get a remote start for her car and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to get it done? We have a unit from her old car that should work but from calling around, most places don't like to install used units. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update this thread with info, now that we had the remote installed and have had it a few days.

I went with the Viper LED remote. It had the features I liked and pricing. Kyle was off on the day of the install, but John covered us. Kyle did give me the feel of "this dude's from CR, I got him covered", and I liked that. The experience was good and we have really liked getting in a warmed up subaru the last few days.

Just wanted to update this thread with info, now that we had the remote installed and have had it a few days.

I went with the Viper LED remote. It had the features I liked and pricing. Kyle was off on the day of the install, but John covered us. Kyle did give me the feel of "this dude's from CR, I got him covered", and I liked that. The experience was good and we have really liked getting in a warmed up subaru the last few days.

The really nice part is if you ever have any issues at all you know who to call and you know they will take care of it!

FWIW I had my remote starter on the pilot installed at PPC as well

• 6 months later...

The really nice part is if you ever have any issues at all you know who to call and you know they will take care of it!

FWIW I had my remote starter on the pilot installed at PPC as well

Bumping this thread to update. I happen to be driving the wife's SUV today. The remote start has been doing additional beeps. I though it might need reprogrammed. Then today is went into a beeping sequence that would not stop, like it was going to detonate. It did this for about 30 minutes, changing tone and beeps, but would not stop. I call Pickups Plus and talked to Justin. I was in the area and asked if I could stop by and have it looked at. He said they were pretty busy, but he would do what he can. A quick search on the way there, came up with the batteries in the fob are dead. I stopped at a batteries plus down the street to get what I needed. I still drove over to see Justin because if there was an issue, I wanted his input. He took care of everything and we are good to go. I was a little demanding. I was no notice on a fix. And Pickups Plus, with Justin, got me taken care off. Yes, it's something simple, but I just didn't have time to mess with it today and they took care of me.