Duck Dynasty Drama

Geeesammy

I'm not a huge fan of the show, but since my Mother and Girlfriend are engulfed in it, I'm sometimes brought into watching it. I find it hilarious that if he spoke for LGBT, no one would have batted an eye at him and none of this would have hit the media radar, and he wouldn't have been suspended. But since he went against today's "grain" he was put on the chopping block. Just my thoughts though.

"It seems to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man's anus," he explained. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

LINK: http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It seems to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man's anus," he explained. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying?"

http://i.minus.com/iHcmnGP7UT4Rc.gif

Short article.

Regardless of your beliefs, I hate seeing people suppressed for speaking their opinion when asked for it. "You didn't say what we wanted you to! You're not open minded about others beliefs so you're wrong!"

Hypocrisy and nothing else. To mute anyone for their beliefs while calling them close minded is asinine. That's as close minded as it gets.

When a LGBT themed show is questioned by ANYONE, especially a Christian organization, the response is usually "you don't like it, don't watch it."

I would suggest the reverse is equally true here.

Also, the pro-gay responses always include "hate". That man doesn't seem to hate any group of people.

When a LGBT themed show is questioned by ANYONE, especially a Christian organization, the response is usually "you don't like it, don't watch it."

I would suggest the reverse is equally true here.

Also, the pro-gay responses always include "hate". That man doesn't seem to hate any group of people.

Thank you.

"Equality for all" never truly means "for all". It means "for all who agree with me."

Short article.

Regardless of your beliefs, I hate seeing people suppressed for speaking their opinion when asked for it. "You didn't say what we wanted you to! You're not open minded about others beliefs so you're wrong!"

Hypocrisy and nothing else. To mute anyone for their beliefs while calling them close minded is asinine. That's as close minded as it gets.

yep.....you're allowed to voice your opinion as long as it's the same as theirs. Hopefully the millions of gays that watch Duck Dynasty will stop watching....oh wait....nevermind.

I have to agree with others. If he wants to share his opinion on LGBT, let him share it and suffer the consequences.

People will say things that we may or may not agree with. Ultimately, it is up to us to decide how we act. If it offends me, I don't watch or read it. If it follows what I believe, I'll keep watching or reading.

The only issue I have with that comment is that he is forgetting the emotional aspect: love.

I have to agree with others. If he wants to share his opinion on LGBT, let him share it and suffer the consequences.

There shouldn't be any "consequences". If someone asks your opinion and you answer honestly do you expect backlash to this degree? Freedom of speech? Nah. Went out the window long ago. Freedom of religion? Forget about it.

People will say things that we may or may not agree with. Ultimately, it is up to us to decide how we act. If it offends me, I don't watch or read it. If it follows what I believe, I'll keep watching or reading.

This is how it should be handled.

The only issue I have with that comment is that he is forgetting the emotional aspect: love.

Where did he say anything about not loving anyone? I love my family. Doesn't mean I agree 100% with everything all of them believe. He was asked what he believed. He answered honestly.

If your kid does something you don't like do you love them less?

Well his quote, to me, seems to focus just on the physical aspect stating that a woman's vagina or anus or boobs has more appeal than a mans butthole.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

:lol:

I think I get what you mean now. Didn't understand what you were trying to say originally.

good I hope it gets taken off the air and all their chinese gizmos and retarded holiday cards get pulled off the shelves so I don't have to see their stupid faces anymore

I am with this guy, I seriously think my IQ drops each time I see them on tv or hear someone talk about that show. They are a white trash persons wet dream

I am with this guy, I seriously think my IQ drops each time I see them on tv or hear someone talk about that show. They are a white trash persons wet dream

I may be white trash, but they aren't my "wet dream". I do find the show pretty entertaining though...BUT THAT'S MY RIGHT AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE YOU'RE WRONG AND SHOULD BE BANNED! :lol:

Hey, that show is better than 16 & pregnant or anything with the Kardashians.

EDIT: Also, as many mentioned, no prob with you feeling that way. You have the option not to watch (and I'm sure you exersize that option) but he shouldn't be scorned for this. Ya don't like it? Don't watch. I don't watch a lot of stupid shows. Doesn't mean I tell everyone in them they can't have opinions on anything.

LOL, I just feel redneck show such as these are intended to dumb down America and it's working haha. I do choose not to watch it and I don't really care who watches it, I still think it's a dumb show. I think most shows on tv today are pretty ridiculous including 16 and a whore. Get knocked up at 15 and become a celebrity over night, Murica!

I think most shows on tv today are pretty ridiculous including 16 and a whore. Get knocked up at 15 and become a celebrity over night, Murica!

Spot on. I refuse to pay for cable and where I live I can't even get over the air channels. Internet and Netflix is just fine. Much cheaper options to watch stupidity if I want. :)

There shouldn't be any "consequences". If someone asks your opinion and you answer honestly do you expect backlash to this degree? Freedom of speech? Nah. Went out the window long ago. Freedom of religion? Forget about it.

This doesn't make any sense. There are always consequences for things you say. In this instance, he is a public figure. He hasn't been banned from being on television. If you were at work and said some dumb shit that pissed your boss off, especially if a lot of other people heard it and he felt isolated or embarrassed, you would be fired. the idea that public figures can say whatever they want without any fear of backlash by their employers or those they represent is pretty fucking silly.

This doesn't make any sense. There are always consequences for things you say. In this instance, he is a public figure. He hasn't been banned from being on television. If you were at work and said some dumb shit that pissed your boss off, especially if a lot of other people heard it and he felt isolated or embarrassed, you would be fired. the idea that public figures can say whatever they want without any fear of backlash by their employers or those they represent is pretty fucking silly.

This. He has a right to his own opinion and I respect that. He doesn't have the right to a TV show or a job.

http://i.lvme.me/nawlh0h.jpg

DING DING MOTHER FUCKING DING.

I find so much of this situation funny. You have the bible thumpers on one side holding thier book high in the air trying to justify hate. Then you have the LGBT on the other standing on their little soap box just screaming like a cat stuck in a bathtub.

People, its 2013, damn near 2014 why do we still hate others because of skin, race, god, or who they like to fuck? Has the human race not learned after THOUSANDS of years that shit ain't good for much of anything?

I was raised in the church and I will never forget pastor Rob saying "if you are going to hate someone, you better have a damn good reason."

Some people seem to think its ok to use god as a reason to hate someone different.

DING DING MOTHER FUCKING DING.

I find so much of this situation funny. You have the bible thumpers on one side holding thier book high in the air trying to justify hate. Then you have the LGBT on the other standing on their little soap box just screaming like a cat stuck in a bathtub.

People, its 2013, damn near 2014 why do we still hate others because of skin, race, god, or who they like to fuck? Has the human race not learned after THOUSANDS of years that shit ain't good for much of anything?

I was raised in the church and I will never forget pastor Rob saying "if you are going to hate someone, you better have a damn good reason."

Some people seem to think its ok to use god as a reason to hate someone different.

World Harvest?

Hating others for their inconsequential opinions is in the same vein as hating others for their lifestyle choices. What he said wasn't hateful and it's not like he is organizing anti-gay rallies or promoting violence. If you're going to crusade, crusade against those that are actually doing bad things.