850whp EVO -vs- GTR $4k KOTS race!

Got-Boost?

Sweet! That $4k will pay for 1/3 the GTR's clutch.....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/collections/gtr-gr6-rebuild-options/products/copy-of-gtr-850-complete-build-service

$5,500.00

← Previous ProductNext Product →

Description

Included:

Jacks Trans 1st gear and input shaft assembly

Jacks Trans Engineered Clutches installed to fit your goals for long life and performance

Jacks Trans Clutch Basket robotically laser reinforced even and odd baskets to withstand your power goals for life (note this is a unique feature included at no charge)

Forward Output Gear Jacks Trans Retaining Clip Modification (stronger, easier to remove and more reliable than gear lock)

Output Gear Jacks Trans Retaining Clip Modification (stronger, easier to remove and more reliable than gear lock)

Input shaft Jacks Trans Retaining Clip Modification (stronger, easier to remove and more reliable than gear lock)

FWD Unit completely rebuilt (this is a $1700 additional cost item included at no charge)

Front input and output seals replaced

New oil pan gasket

Cleaned and flushed pan sump filter

Pleated trans filter

Trans clip TSB

3 high quality auto grade 15lb neodymium magnets

Rear diff upgraded with new seals to prevent leaks

Unit torn down completely and cleaned with our state-of-the-art equipment

Unit assembled in a clean environment

Covered under our WARRANTY

Just cause you have the same horsepower dont mean shit, GTR's are like a cheat mode, there horsepower is more like 1.2x 1.4x what it actually is, or they sure do keep up with cars making 1.2x-1.5x the HP.

Don't think it really has much to do with horsepower, but more-so the lightning fast auto, as pointed out by Doctor T.

Don't think it really has much to do with horsepower, but more-so the lightning fast auto, as pointed out by Doctor T.

I know it has to do with the Dual Clutch Trans and how you can shift and never worry about lifting, but that gives them the advantage. Makes there horsepower numbers different compared to what people are used to because of the no-lift shifting all the time and staying in boost, thats why i was saying the above and why its like a cheat mode. Gotta love those shifts in the 100ths of a second range.

I have this debate with my buddy all the time. He is die hard manual. And I agree, manual is more fun, and gives you a more engaged feeling with the car. But having owned both manual and auto DSM's, the auto at 100% pressure shifts has a big advantage. I was beating modded 5spds with my stock auto because of this very reason. Every shift, they lost a little.

Some call auto cheating. Call it what you want. as long as everyone abides by the rule of the race, winning is winning.

• 2 weeks later...