Stock / Investment Crew: Post Up Your 2013 Gains!

Wease

I've been watching the marijuana sector ever since it became legalized for recreation in Colorado Jan. 1st. Alot of marijuana companies that are penny stocks have become profitable within the last month.

One in particular to follow it Growlife (PHOT) Just in the past week it's gone from .20 to .42 as of today and is expected to continually climb. I'm hoping it will reach $1 by EOY. Not saying for people to buy buy buy but I feel this is a legit stock to put some cash in.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching the marijuana sector ever since it became legalized for recreation in Colorado Jan. 1st. Alot of marijuana companies that are penny stocks have become profitable within the last month.

One in particular to follow it Growlife (PHOT) Just in the past week it's gone from .20 to .42 as of today and is expected to continually climb. I'm hoping it will reach $1 by EOY. Not saying for people to buy buy buy but I feel this is a legit stock to put some cash in.

Pump and dump stock.

It will be back to 5 cents soon

Alot of people were thinking that but it's been gaining ever since it's release. Now a bunch of stock analysts are believing it's the real deal.

The company LOSES money.

At the current price (which is down again) the market cap values the company at 200 Million. A company with next to no fixed assets, and that has never made money.

The reason it went up, is because it was in a "Pump" phase. It's now down because people are "Dumping"

It's a garbage stock.

Their phototrons supposedly sell for $500. They supposedly have sold 150,000 units. However their lifetime revenue is far less than what that would equate to.

IF by some miracle of pump and dump super schemes... this stock ever got above $1, you would be looking at close to a Billion dollar valuation. At those levels you would see some SEC intervention and the house of cards would come crumbling down.

The company LOSES money.

At the current price (which is down again) the market cap values the company at 200 Million. A company with next to no fixed assets, and that has never made money.

The reason it went up, is because it was in a "Pump" phase. It's now down because people are "Dumping"

It's a garbage stock.

Their phototrons supposedly sell for $500. They supposedly have sold 150,000 units. However their lifetime revenue is far less than what that would equate to.

IF by some miracle of pump and dump super schemes... this stock ever got above $1, you would be looking at close to a Billion dollar valuation. At those levels you would see some SEC intervention and the house of cards would come crumbling down.

And this is why I love having Jordan around :thumbup:

how about realized gains in 2013? my big hit was HIMX @ 3$ wish i bought more but kept waiting for a pullback and missed the train. Realized the gain to wash some shorts I took a bath on. Also up a shit ton on BAC stock and a MU call option.

At the end of the day I didnt beat the SP500 so not a total success.

im winding out of options and shorts this year to focus on building a dividend portfolio. albeit boring, i got time on my side and I think it will work for me over the long haul.

Lessons and bad trades I learned the hard way:

-Dont short a dividend paying company with your margin account

-Losing shorts CAT LULU SIRI

-Sold out of my M position at $30

-Sold a 700$ GOOG CALL for 1K profit, left thousands of dollars on the table

-Sold FSLR under 20

-Sold P at 12

-Sold SI at 101

-Sold NOK 6.50

Edited by Supplicium

Anyone in here have any input on the Sirius buyout by Liberty? I have some Sirius stock and from what i have heard it seems like i would make some money on the deal.

I haven't followed SIRIUS for over a year now, I used to watch it very carefully and trade the crap out of it because of its high volatility and its heavily driven by news which novices eat up. Liberty owns a large portion of their debt already so a buy out has been talked about for years. If it does come the stock might spike for a very short time. I'd get out at that point fast.

Did you get a good price on SIRI? I held it from 0.11 and sold it around 2.40's and bought my army truck and other toys. I swing traded and watched it from the early 2000's so I know the company pretty well for a trader. If you got good profit on it now I'd sell it. I just don't see them going much further with mobile devices among other things pushing far ahead in technology.

Doesn't know basic financial information about a company.....recommends it's stock, lol. :dumb:

Alot of people were thinking that but it's been gaining ever since it's release. Now a bunch of stock analysts are believing it's the real deal.

I'll look into PHOT and others and see if I see anything interesting. Looks like they were doing good until you mentioned them, now they dropped 26% today. Someone took some nice profits, lol.

I'm pretty sure we're going to see legalization wide spread there is probably some companies to jump on at bargain prices, but it would take some study to find them and then watch them for a bit to see how they operate before making any trades. Or if you like gambling just throw down like 500 on each of them and at some point one of them will make you some spending money.

Doesn't know basic financial information about a company.....recommends it's stock, lol. :dumb:

I knew a few people who bought in @ .13 and sold around .40 today. I was just suggesting ppl to look into it. Don't get your panties wadded too much lil fella. Never claimed to be a financial guru.

I nearly max out margin on every trade, only do one trade at a time and focus entirely on the charts. I don't even care what the symbol is as long as I see a set up. I do have a short list of stocks that provide me with consistant set ups that I can put plays on at least weekly and often daily.

Sounds risky, but I manage the risk by using the charts to make sure I know the larger trend, the weekly trend, daily trend, and then the current position along the mean line. I use the mean reversion theory and am typically only in a trade for around 10minutes. I can be in all day if my stop loss or trailing stop doesn't get hit, but I automatically sell before the bell to avoid overnight gaps. This puts my accuracy at over 84% for all of 2013 and I plan to maintain the same this year with my only change being to let winners run longer to pull more profit, the risk will remain the same. My goal is 1 trade per week so I wait until I am 95% sure before I pull any triggers.

I don't do anything with options or FOREX, I might mess around with options a bit just so I know how it works for when I see the perfect set up someday otherwise I'm staying away.

Here's a sample of a Smith and Wesson short I did today. This is a perfect example of what I do. Just a quick scalp, but made off with around $850 utilizing nearly 100K worth of stock. I was a little late getting in and as you can see I got popped out just about where the MACD lines crossed for the reversal.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/SWHC1-9-14_zps3beee4b1.jpg

how about realized gains in 2013? my big hit was HIMX @ 3$ wish i bought more but kept waiting for a pullback and missed the train. Realized the gain to wash some shorts I took a bath on. Also up a shit ton on BAC stock and a MU call option.

At the end of the day I didnt beat the SP500 so not a total success.

im winding out of options and shorts this year to focus on building a dividend portfolio. albeit boring, i got time on my side and I think it will work for me over the long haul.

Lessons and bad trades I learned the hard way:

-Dont short a dividend paying company with your margin account

-Losing shorts CAT LULU SIRI

-Sold out of my M position at $30

-Sold a 700$ GOOG CALL for 1K profit, left thousands of dollars on the table

-Sold FSLR under 20

-Sold P at 12

-Sold SI at 101

-Sold NOK 6.50

I haven't followed SIRIUS for over a year now, I used to watch it very carefully and trade the crap out of it because of its high volatility and its heavily driven by news which novices eat up. Liberty owns a large portion of their debt already so a buy out has been talked about for years. If it does come the stock might spike for a very short time. I'd get out at that point fast.

Did you get a good price on SIRI? I held it from 0.11 and sold it around 2.40's and bought my army truck and other toys. I swing traded and watched it from the early 2000's so I know the company pretty well for a trader. If you got good profit on it now I'd sell it. I just don't see them going much further with mobile devices among other things pushing far ahead in technology.

I bought in right when Stern announced his move, was a terrible decision. If i hold on to the SIRI stock though and Liberty buys it out, then i could stand to make money, otherwise i am just trying to lessen my loss.

I bought in right when Stern announced his move, was a terrible decision. If i hold on to the SIRI stock though and Liberty buys it out, then i could stand to make money, otherwise i am just trying to lessen my loss.

Yeah, stern was a terrible move for SIRIUS and shortly after that we entered the recession.

I knew the stock would come up though due to paying attention to all the new contracts they picked up with the various auto manufactures for SIRIUS to be installed on so many models. Also the churn rate for subscribers was around 80-85% so one could estimate that they would start to be profitable or at least get closer to profitability eventually. They made another mistake with SIRIUS 2.0. It was developed just before smartphones became mainstream and totally didn't see tablets coming so it was an outdated under performing upgrade before it even hit the consumers.

Reading all this makes me sad that I know nothing about any of this and my money didn't make me nearly what yours made all you guys last year. Kudos to you guys good luck on continued success.

I didn't and still don't know much. I have, however, quintupled my portfolio this year. I've added money along the way but not near as much as I've gained. I've just watched charts and as they say buy low sell high.

Edit: I'm up 30% in Micron and 86% in FB. Both have about the same profit currently. I'm booking a trip this week....who would you sell?

I personally think FB is FAR over valued. 140 Billion dollars???? :dumb:

That being said, it's just one of those stocks that people buy.

I'm considering shorting it (again) for what it's worth.

I personally think FB is FAR over valued. 140 Billion dollars???? :dumb:

That being said, it's just one of those stocks that people buy.

I'm considering shorting it (again) for what it's worth.

Agreed. Might sell both honestly. I'd like to reinvest the larger chunk I have in MU and I feel I've gone far enough with FB

I'd love to. That said, I just watch charts and go balls out. It has worked fantastically so far. I set my Buddy up with an account, gave him a few tips and he doubled his money (only $1000) in two weeks/trades

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing.