TV repair

mrs.cos

Our Panasonic plasma bit the dust today (two+years old - is that normal??)

4 blinking power lights apparently means a circuit board? Is this something a tinkerer can fix or do I need to send it out?

Guess that receiver is being returns to pay for new circuit board :(

The only thing I can mention is that something similar happened to our 2 yr old 55" plasma, it was 2 blinks or 4 blinks which meant a circuit board. So we replaced it and then it would blink 7 times (I think) which meant the plasma tube was bad. So now it just sits in our garage because it would cost more to fix it then to buy a new one.

That's definitely not normal. I have had a Panny Plasma for two years with no problems. Knock on wood.

The circuit board should be pretty easy to fix as it is a common failure. Googling installation instructions and possibly picking up a good board off EBay should solve the problem. I've never done it myself but believe there is a panel in the back you can unscrew and replace the circuit board.

Pavo

Needless to say Nathan could t go more than 8 hours without a tv and we went out and bought a new one.

We searched the net looking for the part to repair the tv and it was out of stock at all the places we found that carried it.

Having worked for Panny, I can tell you that's not normal at all for their Plasma's. I have a 65", 55" and a 42" dating back to 2006 and all are awesome.

Be sure you have proper surge suppression (good one). My brother in law had a problem with his flat panel and wasn't aware until he had a second one start to act up that it was due to his wiring. Older house (Built in the 60's).

Given your washer problem, now TV.....might be worth a look-see?

Having worked for Panny, I can tell you that's not normal at all for their Plasma's. I have a 65", 55" and a 42" dating back to 2006 and all are awesome.

Be sure you have proper surge suppression (good one). My brother in law had a problem with his flat panel and wasn't aware until he had a second one start to act up that it was due to his wiring. Older house (Built in the 60's).

Given your washer problem, now TV.....might be worth a look-see?

The washer issue was a manufacturing issue. They use a plastic part for something that should be metal. We have a good surge protector and shut all power to the tv off every.

I think its time to replace it though, we have historical issues with AEP outages in my neighborhood

My name is Daniel and I control all the in warranty of television repair in 7 states including Ohio. You can call or text me at 1-614-285-4388 if you want to know if it is repairable or not. Let me know immediately that you gathered this number off of Columbus Racing and I will help you the best I can.

My name is Daniel and I control all the in warranty of television repair in 7 states including Ohio. You can call or text me at 1-614-285-4388 if you want to know if it is repairable or not. Let me know immediately that you gathered this number off of Columbus Racing and I will help you the best I can.

Can I. Call you tomorrow?

This is the exact tv as ours, weird... We got error code 7 and the P board was swapped out. Then got error code 8 defective panel. Hopefully you have an easier fix. Like you our build date is like September of 2013? Hopefully their is a better fix/option as we hate to throw out a $1500 tv.

No, ours is about two-three years old. Ill have to look at the build date.. (is it on the outside?)

as a side note, I'm not sold on LED yet. I feel like the Plasma had much better color, maybe I just don't have it fine tuned yet....