price of a toyota prius

01sentrase2.0

We are looking to purchase a prius v three for my wife. Her company has a deal with Toyota for cost plus 1%. Where can I find out the dealers cost of a prius v three? The dealer is telling us a price we would be paying, but won't tell us what they pay for it. Are they obligated to show the actual invoice to prove it? How do I get them to show me the price? Why do dealerships suck? This is tansky on sawmill btw.

Thanks in advace.

Luke

We are looking to purchase a prius v three for my wife. Her company has a deal with Toyota for cost plus 1%. Where can I find out the dealers cost of a prius v three? The dealer is telling us a price we would be paying, but won't tell us what they pay for it. Are they obligated to show the actual invoice to prove it? How do I get them to show me the price? Why do dealerships suck? This is tansky on sawmill btw.

Thanks in advace.

Luke

Pull the invoice from Edmunds and ad in 1-2% of MSRP for advertising fees. When you walk in, just ask them to show you the damn invoice or just go elsewhere / shop the net.

Tansky sucks. Go to Toyota West or Germain. Or if you don't mind driving, C&C Dodge Toyota in Marietta has been good to my parents.

Thought Rocky said to stay away from Toyota West?

And asking about a Prius on CR = worse then any Buster Thread

:gabe:

Edited by acklac7

Tansky is shady as he'll. I work with a bunch of guys that jumped ship because of how bad it was getting there. You'd be much better off dealing with Toyota west. My father in law has a contact there. Pm me and I'll get you his info

Thought Rocky said to stay away from Toyota West?

And asking about a Prius on CR = worse then any Buster post.

????

I thought Rocky used to work there and had nothing but horrible things to say about them?

Edit: Maybe it was Toyota Direct.

I always had good service experience with Toyota Direct, but that was 10 years ago when I had the Celica. Things change.

As one of the leading forces pushing against Tesla in Ohio, I would very seriously consider giving my money to a dealer other than Germain.

Germain couldn't get the vehicle she wanted. Toyota direct sales guy wouldn't let me test drive since i didn't seem interested enough in buying to him. Tansky has the car coming from some dealership in their network. Guess I will just make them show me the invoice of their cost.

I've heard decent things about Toyota West but do not have any real experience with them. I can tell you we found our RAV cheapest at Byers Toyota in Delaware. They were willing to eventually beat all other competitor's prices for what we wanted. There was one other Toyota dealer during that time that was a pleasure to deal with and willing to match prices and add on some free services but that was outside of Cbus...

Sometimes, a salesman is responsible for your experience, not the dealer. Something to keep in mind.

1% over invoice is NOT a good deal on a Toyota and I doubt is the contracted price. If it is 1% over invoice, you should be able to get a much better deal without the contract price. Toyota, Honda, and Chevy dealers in Columbus are having what I like to call a Volume War. Should be able to buy one well below invoice. Now if it's 1% over NET, that's a good deal but they should be able to provide some documentation from Toyota regarding your contracted price. On all GM vehicles, contracted pricing is printed on the invoice along with the GM Employee price. If a customer wants to see it, we show it to them. No questions asked. Call around to the dealers locally until you get an answer you like. Contrary to popular belief, not all car salesmen are out to screw people.

I'll pm you when I get ahold of a sales manager here and see what they say.

Anyone who speaks badly about Direct hasn't been here in the last year. The entire place has changed and much better now, leading the sales in the city as well. #1 dealer for 2013 for Columbus.

Anyone who speaks badly about Direct hasn't been here in the last year. The entire place has changed and much better now, leading the sales in the city as well. #1 dealer for 2013 for Columbus.

OP said he had a salesperson not interested in letting him test drive. That's pretty shitty.

That said, my friend bought a CPO Corolla there and had nothing but positive things to say about his buying experience.

truecar.com

Never use your personal info on Truecar and if possible, avoid doing business with dealers who are Truecar users. Truecar requires that dealers give them FULL access to their CRM including customer data for people who have never used Truecar.

Things may have changed recently due to backlash from these policies, but you can get the same pricing info Truecar gets without giving up your personal info to them.

After the dick head GM and service manager left im sure its better.

Tell ronnie and daubi they are stuck there for life.

OP said he had a salesperson not interested in letting him test drive. That's pretty shitty.

That said, my friend bought a CPO Corolla there and had nothing but positive things to say about his buying experience.

I'm sure as a sales person you know that a couple bad apples that get into good dealerships. Just like most dealers there are a couple sales people that are lazy and typically don't last very long. There's always turnover in sales, but we have a pretty good core.