RIP Internet

CRed05

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-net-neutrality-20140114,0,522106.story#axzz2qTFMpP47

Advocates of a free and open Internet could see this coming, but today's ruling from a Washington appeals court striking down the FCC's rules protecting the open net was worse than the most dire forecasts. It was "even more emphatic and disastrous than anyone expected," in the words of one veteran advocate for network neutrality.

The Court of Appeals for the D.C. circuit thoroughly eviscerated the Federal Communications Commission's latest lame attempt to prevent Internet service providers from playing favorites among websites--awarding faster speeds to sites that pay a special fee, for example, or slowing or blocking sites and services that compete with favored affiliates.

Now your ISP can decide to block CR if it wants to. Not surprising that Verizon is one of the companies spearheading this, they have been doing this kind of shit for a while, like blocking certain apps...what a piece of shit company. This is a VERY bad thing!

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if this is why youtube videos wont load more than a few seconds at a time at work. Time warner cable business class, anyone?

ISP's have been throttling YouTube for a while. There's a few simple workarounds for it, though.

This is Right Wing Politics at it's core. Censor,Control,Disinform. Read the article, your ol buddy Bush (Cheyney) transformed the FCC into the disaster it is today

I think you're probably going to deep here. I'm pretty sure his comment was just him being funny by pointing out that every time something bad happens Obama get's blamed. It's a funny, let it go.

I think you're probably going to deep here. I'm pretty sure his comment was just him being funny by pointing out that every time something bad happens Obama get's blamed. It's a funny, let it go.

I got that impression too, just have horrid memories of all the radio station censorship going on back around '03ish...ClearChannel EVERYWHARE. Man if they get there hands on the net...

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-net-neutrality-20140114,0,522106.story#axzz2qTFMpP47

Now your ISP can decide to block CR if it wants to. Not surprising that Verizon is one of the companies spearheading this, they have been doing this kind of shit for a while, like blocking certain apps...what a piece of shit company. This is a VERY bad thing!

Quick heads up. If Verizon did something like that a chat rep wouldn't have access to be able to provide that kind of information. That would be handled by network engineering and operations. A quick trouble ticket and the techs could have checked to see what was causing it.... now if they say it's because we slowed it down on purpose, then we have an issue.

The reps an idiot and probably jobless at this point due to all the publicity this got. I tell people everyday to type like the ceo is reading it... bet this guy would have wished he had. :nono:

P.S. the issue with bandwidth and Netflix is about 2 months old. It's the way its routed through the network. Could this be some new found way of throttling or a network error.. maybe. The people that can confirm that probably never will. I will say with all the publicity this thing is getting I would bet money they put a rush on getting it fixed now :lol: