49 members have voted

1. 1. what is more fun

• convert to 6 speed for a fun weekend toy
    • leave it an automatic and go drag racing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, make it a manual. Of course the slow guys say an auto sucks, a manual must make even slow cars feel fast :lol:

Says the guy who cusses and swears every time he drives a 6 speed f-body.

I've been thinking about doing this swap for a while now, having the Miata to do autocross and such really makes me think twice about swapping the Camaro. When it ran 10s it was fun, but ultimately I had lots of fun banging gears in Tina's Firebird and only running 12s.

I mean the way i see it, your not competitively racing in a class, so the automatic just takes the fun away. If your just going racing for fun, why not run the manual? Its more fun (In my opinion, but ive never driven an 8 sec auto rocket or anything), but i always have more fun rowing through the gears than just letting the auto do it for me. Granted im not as fast as i could be with an auto, but i have this car for fun, not to race for points in a series.

Seems like when your more worried about going fast, and shaving that little bit of time, using an auto and everything nearly automated it takes the fun away from the car.

Do what makes you happy, not what makes others happy or what others think you need to do.

That being said, if you end up wanting to go turbo how will the 6 speed play into that?

The thought of the 6 speed is to make decent power N/A and just go for the old school muscle car feel. Not really fast (by modern standards) just something to hoon around in. My interpretation of an old school muscle car is tire shreading, raw, unrefined, loud, and obnoxious.

If I was to leave it auto, then some sort of power adder and get back to running 10s. I started buying 6 speed parts because I have a "been there done that" attitude towards that. Drag racing doesn't interest me, it's fun to do once in a while, but modding my car to go in that direction lost its fun a few years ago.

So as you can see I've pretty much made up my mind, just wanted to see some other's opinions or ideas. Which people can still post.

The thought of the 6 speed is to make decent power N/A and just go for the old school muscle car feel. Not really fast (by modern standards) just something to hoon around in. My interpretation of an old school muscle car is tire shreading, raw, unrefined, loud, and obnoxious.

If I was to leave it auto, then some sort of power adder and get back to running 10s. I started buying 6 speed parts because I have a "been there done that" attitude towards that. Drag racing doesn't interest me, it's fun to do once in a while, but modding my car to go in that direction lost its fun a few years ago.

So as you can see I've pretty much made up my mind, just wanted to see some other's opinions or ideas. Which people can still post.

Good N/A Power + Built 6 speed + Built 9 Inch = smile that won't come off your face.

Sounds like a 6spd it is.

Same reason I sold my TBSS. How's she treating you?

No complaints at all. We both love the car but now she is wanting something 4dr now so it might be for sale soon. I've been a Ford man my entire life. Always owned Mustangs and T-Birds up until we bought the WS6 off you. Now I'm a LS man thru and thru. Mustangs do absolutely nothing for me anymore. The WS6 beats the pants off every Mustang I've ever owned in every category. My next 'fun' car will without a doubt be LS powered.

Mustang owners, go drive a LS powered car and you'll understand too.

Thanks again for converting me to the dark side.. lol

No complaints at all. We both love the car but now she is wanting something 4dr now so it might be for sale soon. I've been a Ford man my entire life. Always owned Mustangs and T-Birds up until we bought the WS6 off you. Now I'm a LS man thru and thru. Mustangs do absolutely nothing for me anymore. The WS6 beats the pants off every Mustang I've ever owned in every category. My next 'fun' car will without a doubt be LS powered.

Mustang owners, go drive a LS powered car and you'll understand too.

Thanks again for converting me to the dark side.. lol

lol.. did you add any mods to it?

lol.. did you add any mods to it?

Nothing. The way would sold it is the way it still sits. I did replace a power window motor and a set of brake pads but that was just maintenance. That cars has more than enough power for a 100lb girl to daily driver. The first year she drove it you couldn't beat the smile off her face. She 'Thought' she loved the 2000 Mustang GT until she started driving the WS6. So actually you converted BOTH of us. Good job!!

The only mod I was going to ad was the power butterfly valve for the Borla exhaust just because my 90 year old neighbor ask why it was so damn loud. My neighbor also said that Michelle would wake her up EVERY morning when she left for work in it. I told my neighbor to embrace the soothing sound of the LS1. Her husband just laughed

Brian drove my car once, even went WOT for a brief second before it scared the shit out of him.

How's that compare to the Contour?

Your car is incredible, of course. If I build something it will be manual though. That's just me.

Mark, http://www.borla.com/products/19842002_camaro_blockoff_plates_part__46176s.html

Your car is incredible, of course. If I build something it will be manual though. That's just me.

Mark, http://www.borla.com/products/19842002_camaro_blockoff_plates_part__46176s.html

The WS6 is definitely the fastest car I've ever owned. I would prolly pee my pants in Mr. Green's car. lol jk

Thanks for the link Brian. Looking at them on EBay now. I still like the powered butterfly but the plates would be much easier to install

Yeah, easy to swap out for a loud weekend or something.. or maybe put the little guy in there.

Did you ever figure out the squeaky belt problem? I tried everything from replacing the tensioner, the belt, and used all kinds of weird autozone sprays..

Yeah, easy to swap out for a loud weekend or something.. or maybe put the little guy in there.

Did you ever figure out the squeaky belt problem? I tried everything from replacing the tensioner, the belt, and used all kinds of weird autozone sprays..

oh yea I forgot about that. I replaced both tensioners and all the belts and it hasn't squeaked since. I still have to tighten up header bolts about every other month tho.

The ash tray door is still broke. Why GM made them out of unobtanium is beyond me, but it'll probably fixed it before I put her up for sale. She has 91,000 miles now and still has the plastic on the carpet.

oh yea I forgot about that. I replaced both tensioners and all the belts and it hasn't squeaked since. I still have to tighten up header bolts about every other month tho.

The ash tray door is still broke. Why GM made them out of unobtanium is beyond me, but it'll probably fixed it before I put her up for sale. She has 91,000 miles now and still has the plastic on the carpet.

Call Hawks 3rd gen, they have all kinds of 3rd and 4th gen parts. Recently picked up all NOS GM parts to change my console over to a 6 speed.