Lexus People, Come On In

wagner

I'm thinking about getting a used ES 350 or IS 250 for a new daily.

Any issues I need to be aware of on these? I know with some of the ES 350's there seems to be a trans issue depending on the build date.

I like the style on both cars and the fact they are not timing belt cars.

Thanks,

ES is glorified Camry FWD.

IS250 is RWD and supposed to be a sports sedan. The V6 though I believe has some issues due to the newish design for them.

Check out clublexus.com there is some decent info on there.

I just picked up a beat up 2001 GS430 and I can say other than the open diff I love this car. I will be DD old lexus's from now on.

The GS is a little small and I believe the is even smaller back seat. I would have went LS430 if I had to do it again.

If it were me I'd get a GS300/400. Many can still be found with low-ish miles and in great shape. Your looking at a 2JZGE, or UZFE V8 for the 400. Both are belt engines, but the 2JZ doesn't even "require" a belt from what I've seen. I'd still replace it at every 80k-100k. Mine on my 1JZ was original to the engine and still looked to be in great shape.

Anyways, more on point, I think you would enjoy the size of a GS400 coupled with the power and smoothness it will provide as well.

I love the look of the Is250's but they are still a little pricey for what they are IMO.

I don't know anything about their specific models, but I was thinking pretty much exactly what Grant said; you would look good rolling in a big body car.

I've heard the IS250's are 'slow' compared to the competition, but this is coming from someone about to be DDing a Civic, so I can't really call it slow. :lolguy:

The ES400 with the V8 seems intriguing. IIRC there is a supercharged one that comes out to C&C.

I

I've heard the IS250's are 'slow' compared to the competition, but this is coming from someone about to be DDing a Civic, so I can't really call it slow. :lolguy:

C.

Hes coming from a toyta yaris..anythings going to feel lightyears faster.

Better "camry" or not they are reliable, comfortable, and make a good DD.

I don't think he's shopping for a RWD daily with some "elite" status.

Pretty much. I have a certain ES in mind that is priced well enough to make it worth my while.

I am looking for information as far as if these cars have known drive line or other issues. I've trolled around on Club Lexus but I prefer to also get first hand info from people that are local.

LeSigh....

I sold my 2007 IS250 rwd a couple months back. Its tiny and slow but I thought it was fast when I first got it as the things I dailyed up to that point was SUVs and Trucks, but good with MPGs. I wouldn't take 4 people on a road trip with the car. Anybody that sat behind me, their feet would be under the seat with their knees in the back of the driver seat and Im just 6'1''. My G35 has about the same amount of room as the IS250.

The only two issues I had with it was that I couldn't fit the size wheels I wanted on it, and the starter every now and then would sound like it would miss the teeth on the flywheel. This happened like once every 10-15 startups. It never really became an issue to me but I did sell the car with 120k on it and I got it at 65k.

I lived in Atlanta at the time I drove it and there was only one bad snow that I had to deal with, and the car handled it fine.

It's actually a USDM Prado. Different vehicle. We have a diesel one in Bogota. You can get a two door version too. :fuckyeah:

i drove a v6 Prado in Saudi Arabia. i loved it. that's why i was eye-balling the gx. i was wondering if there are any issues with the 4.7 or the frame. i know some early model tundras had frame issues.