Speeding ticket question (Fairfield County)

LJ

It's possible they could drop it to one point, or zero points. Really depends on the judge and the prosecutor. If you have the time it is definitely worth going. As long as you aren't a smart ass to the judge or anything like that they'll 99% of the time reduce your charge/punishment.

You'd have to ask your insurance about their policies for increasing rates. Some go up every point, some go up every two points, etc.

Cool, will do. I'm never an ass to cops, definitely not going to be to a judge lol, I'll dress the part and hope for the best then!

My wife got a 72 in a 55 last night. She had a perfect record before that's. How would she go about trying to get it reduced to 0 points and paying the fine?

I got stopped for allegedly (because there is no fucking way I was) doing 65 in a 35. Went to court, got a court date. On court date before speaking to judge I spoke to a prosecutor. He was either being nice or didn't feel like he had a great case because he immediately asked to settle on reducing it to $80 fine and 0 points.

Take it to court. Zero to lose.

I got stopped for allegedly (because there is no fucking way I was) doing 65 in a 35. Went to court, got a court date. On court date before speaking to judge I spoke to a prosecutor. He was either being nice or didn't feel like he had a great case because he immediately asked to settle on reducing it to $80 fine and 0 points.

Take it to court. Zero to lose.

The cop probably didn't even show up, and the Prosecutor knew you could almost surely get the charges tossed.

Protip: if you take a traffic violation to court ask the prosecutor if the issuing officer is present. If he's not there ask for a dismissal, as the State basically has no case. - worked for me.

The cop probably didn't even show up, and the Prosecutor knew you could almost surely get the charges tossed.

Protip: if you take a traffic violation to court ask the prosecutor if the issuing officer is present. If he's not there ask for a dismissal, as the State basically has no case. - worked for me.

He showed up.