500whp Hill Climbing syclone

Benner

They are fun to drive even stock as the come from the factory. You constantly have people confusing it with just a body kit on an S10 or Sonoma which is rather annoying. Searching through Youtube you can find all sorts of crazy builds for these things, every one that gets hacked up and turned into a race beast means one less valuable super rare car :(

I AM glad to see he stuck with the stock v6, from the quick look at the engine bay though that looks about the only thing he didn't replace. Makes me wonder how much of that stuff was needed though for a hill climb truck....they have MASSIVE potential just from the factory.

Very good friend that taught me a lot about DSM's when I first got into them, older guy and his wife out in blacklick have a red Ty. They bought it new in '93 I think. He wont driver it, only his wife drives it. It probably gets 1000mi/yr on that thing, if that. Spends most of it's time tucked away in a garage.

He won't mod it for anything. I tried getting him to put a test pipe on a long long time ago and he said, "nope. staying stock." I have to respect that.

It's a constant battle on to mod or not to mod. There's so much potential out of the thing with just a few basic bolt-ons you constantly have the itch. However as Mr. Gump mentioned you are constantly worried about breaking something whenever you trash on it.

Unfortunately/Fortunately a vast majority of the trucks have been heavily modified over the years, stripped down into drag trucks, or have 100k+ miles on them. So every year there are fewer and fewer of them.

Saw one last year while out doing a lap that all the body cladding was beaten up, doors dented, came flying by with exhaust screaming...

*pours one for those we have lost*

First time I ever got in it I was pretty disappointed to see it was an auto but trust me there's not much you are missing. Definitely not a slush box even stock it shifts pretty hard and fast. And of course there's always shift kits and such to make it even more so. Two foot break boosting while driving is kinda nifty also ;)