Cheap tac light review

Tractor

I picked up a very cheap tac light off amazon this week. Its a NEBO Protec Elite HP190. It cost me $25, free shipping via amazon prime but let me say its not what I'd call a chinese toy. Its all aluminum, has a very sturdy on/off switch, and has some good power and attaches very solidly to my AR or M&P45's accessory rail.

Inside the house its plenty bright to see your way around and light up targets and bright enough that pointed at a person at inside the home distances they would be completely unable to tell if your holding a light or a gun and its easily bright enough to ruin any dark adaption.

Outside it lights up the inside of my 3 sided barn from 100yrds and also at 100yrds I could see what my holosight is aiming at.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone interested in a low cost and effective light to mount on a gun.

I have a Nebo Redline and a Nebo 50 lumin single AA light and bother are very nice and surprised me also. I dont have a lot of experience with lights but i have a buddy who has some 511 and fenix lights and even compared Nebos are great products.

I've come to realize Surefire's aren't all they are cracked up to be, considering I had one break on me just from sitting in my car. At least if a cheap light breaks you aren't out a ton of money.

Surefire has a lifetime warranty on their lights right?

I only have one surefire light myself, and quite a few other "midrange" lights, no experience with Nebo stuff though. The one thing you want out of a gun mount light is the ability to take recoil. Dual springs are almost a requirement, otherwise the battery acts as a damaging piston inside the light and will fail.

II guess if they're cheap enough who cares though.

insight m3 LED is a good light as well. they can be found for 80-100 new, life time warranty from insight which is owned my L3 who also makes Eotech. I have the M3 and M3x . You can get a new m3 LED from gun envy for 80 cash. You would have to speak to Gun Envy Manufacturer to get the deal.

I've come to realize Surefire's aren't all they are cracked up to be, considering I had one break on me just from sitting in my car. At least if a cheap light breaks you aren't out a ton of money.

No kidding? One of my surefires gets banged around, dropped, left out, and still keeps working after 4 years? What broke on yours?

Warranty FTW

No kidding? One of my surefires gets banged around, dropped, left out, and still keeps working after 4 years? What broke on yours?

Warranty FTW

It won't turn on. Tried a couple different sets of new batteries, no go. Do they really have a lifetime warranty? I tried looking it up on their website and got discouraged for some reason, I forget why.

Surefire has a lifetime warranty on their lights right?

I only have one surefire light myself, and quite a few other "midrange" lights, no experience with Nebo stuff though. The one thing you want out of a gun mount light is the ability to take recoil. Dual springs are almost a requirement, otherwise the battery acts as a damaging piston inside the light and will fail.

II guess if they're cheap enough who cares though.

Dual springs is a good point and this nebo has them. I wouldn't be surprised if it were actually some higher end light rebranded.

I just ordered one of the Nebo's off Amazon. For $30 it's worth the gamble. I've got a couple of the NCStar tac lights that are very similar to this one and I've never had an issue with either of them. They've both endure hundreds of rounds of .40 and .45 with any issue. My only complaint with the NCStar lights is they eat batteries quick.

insight m3 LED is a good light as well. they can be found for 80-100 new, life time warranty from insight which is owned my L3 who also makes Eotech. I have the M3 and M3x . You can get a new m3 LED from gun envy for 80 cash. You would have to speak to Gun Envy Manufacturer to get the deal.

I called and spoke with them yesterday, they said they were $99 for the M3 LED. Which is still a good deal as they go for $125+ on Amazon

have to get it from John at Gun Envy Manufacturing. They sell it at the store for 99

You are correct sir, I missed the call manufacturing part in the first mention.

However I decided to go with the TLR-1s which is 300 lumens. and the M3 LED is only 150L.