GM recall: 780,000 vehicles

Mr. Jones

I always cringe at people who put a lot of keys and trinkets together resulting a heavy load on the ignition key while driving. In the past, I have seen cases where the key just came out of the tumbler but didn't shut off ignition.

I separate my other keys (house, garage) from car keys. The key for one car has only the remote fob for that car attached to it; no medallion, no pendant, no photo holder, no flash drive, no keycard, no ID card, no nothing else. House & garage keys are on a separate chain.

Those ignition switches have been problems since the cars were new. They should have recalled them when they just weren't letting people start their cars. With such a big problem, I could see those lawsuits being big money.

Don't they use the same ignitions for most of the line? So basically all GM for those years could develop that problem?

I just had a talk with the SO a couple days ago about the amount of garbage on her key ring. Keys for two vehicles, key fob, house key, shed key, her moms house key, some stupid skeleton key chain, a 3x2 photo thing with a pic of our son in it, etc. Fucking janitors would give her weird looks for carrying so many.

Those ignition switches have been problems since the cars were new. They should have recalled them when they just weren't letting people start their cars. With such a big problem, I could see those lawsuits being big money.

The lock cylinders were a major issue and have been a special policy for quite some time. They will be replacing the elecrtical switch that attaches to the back of the cylinder, and it isn't the same part as other GMs.

The lock cylinders were a major issue and have been a special policy for quite some time. They will be replacing the elecrtical switch that attaches to the back of the cylinder, and it isn't the same part as other GMs.

Yeah I've replaced a lot of cylinders as well. Stupid design, IMO, gives you almost hardly any area to actually stake the plate down.

But no I've replaced more electrical switches on those body style Saturn Ion's than I can count. Typically 3-4 a week once fall and winter hit.