Securing a trailer outdoors

Sully

I just picked up a small utility trailer, 4x6, over the weekend. Unfortunately, I don't really have anywhere to store it, other than my garage, which means I need to park outside. For a small trailer like this, what would be the best way to secure it outdoors? I realize that if someone really wants it, they are going to get it one way or another. I'd at least like a pretty solid way to deter someone from putting forth a lot of effort to snag it.

How heavy is it? This might be ghetto but if its light enough why not put it in the garage, above your cars, eathier in the rafters or make a pull or tow straps and just have it be raised above your cars and suspended up there.

Always thought about doing this with my jetski trailer or my old 4x6 utility trailer that was light as heck.

Or stand it on its end or its side and put it up against a wall.

Edit is it a open trailer or enclosed?

Open trailer. Has sides a couple feet tall.

I thought about standing it on its end against a wall. I would need to figure out a pulley system in order to be able to do that, I think. I'm not sure that I'd be able to lift the tongue. If I was able to do that, how would I go about fastening it to a wall so that it doesn't fall down?

what Jason said... I just keep a trailer tongue lock on my trailer, camper, and boat.... if someone really wants it and wants to go through the hassle to get that beast off then they can have it and I'll just file an insurance claim :-P

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Until I can get my detached garage built (which now may be sooner than I was planning), I think I'm just going to have to rearrange stuff in my attached garage in order to store the trailer in there and be able to park in there.

Get a street light capacitor, wire it up to the lock and when someone goes to touch/break it they'll be out.

This isn't legal but if you had a chronic problem like I did in GA it works (hell I had a guy saw thru the side of an enclosed trailer to get my tools), but your only going to get one pass so use it wisely.

Thank god I was military at the time and the cops didn't charge me with anything, their reasoning was you cant booby trap things just in case a child messes with it.

Get a street light capacitor, wire it up to the lock and when someone goes to touch/break it they'll be out.

This isn't legal but if you had a chronic problem like I did in GA it works (hell I had a guy saw thru the side of an enclosed trailer to get my tools), but your only going to get one pass so use it wisely.

Thank god I was military at the time and the cops didn't charge me with anything, their reasoning was you cant booby trap things just in case a child messes with it.

Its a good idea but like you said its illegal and so mean... that would definitely instantly kill somebody, i dont think hes trying to take trailer protection that far...

Jesus dude. Why don't you just put some landmines around it and hope for the best? Haha