my anniversary present

The_buster

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

She gets way more than enough to cover her school supplies and make sure bills are ok. And what's left over we put back or use for Xmas, b days, ect.

I think more than one financial planner would tell you that's likely not the best way to utilize a student loan. However, I'm not a financial planner, you're not asking me for financial advice, and it's your money (kind of).

I think more than one financial planner would tell you that's likely not the best way to utilize a student loan. However, I'm not a financial planner, you're not asking me for financial advice, and it's your money (kind of).

Almost sounded like JG Wetworth.. it's your money..and you need it NOWWWWW.

She gets way more than enough to cover her school supplies and make sure bills are ok. And what's left over we put back or use for Xmas, b days, ect.

She must not have read any of the entrance counseling if she took fed loans. One of the first things it says Is "only borrow what you need."

We have to pay it back no matter what we use it for.

Yes, most people give back what they don't need for expenses directly related to school. Your call though, it's unwise to borrow more, more money borrowed means more you have to pay back and more interest accumulated. What if she gets out and can't find a job? What if you get sick and can't work? What if she doesn't make as much as you think she will?

oh for petes sakes, its 200 bucks- let the man have a little fun.

Read any or all of the following and tell me a trip to Disney is a good idea for this family (the children are 4 and 1 years old).

The suspension is falling out of my car. Should I keep driving it? This is the car he currently owns, and will keep driving...NEXT TO PEOPLE...So his family can spend thousands on a trip to Disney.

My exhaust is falling off as I drive. What should I do?

My suspension is broken. Should I fix it? I can't afford it. :(

My car needs new tires but I can only spend about $40 total for both. What do you mean 'safety'?

My clutch pedal drops to the floor

My wife is in agonizing pain, but we're hesitant to go see a Dr.

I just got a new car, which is falling apart, to carry my family around

We are looking at moving into my grandmothers house because rent is only $250

I had 7 more threads picked out...But honestly, this should be enough.

• Upvote 1

Read any or all of the following and tell me a trip to Disney is a good idea for this family (the children are 4 and 1 years old).

The suspension is falling out of my car. Should I keep driving it? This is the car he currently owns, and will keep driving...NEXT TO PEOPLE...So his family can spend thousands on a trip to Disney.

My car needs new tires but I can only spend about $40 total for both. What do you mean 'safety'?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116121]We are looking at moving into my grandmothers house because rent is only $250

I'm convinced this is all a sham

So instead of putting that money in a savings account or something that can build interest you waist it on silly shit. Hell if you had to spend it put it towards your busted car. If not save it for when you have to start paying back those loans, would make for a nice buffer till she found a job that made enough to live off of plus pay on the loans once you are comfortable use the money set aside to pay back a good chunk of the loan.

We are looking at moving into my grandmothers house because rent is only $250

I konw he's got off kilter lifestyle ideals. We all know this, but he's excited about it. It has to suck to be shit on for every stupid decision you make.

He wasnt asking for help, he was/is excited.

I konw he's got off kilter lifestyle ideals. We all know this, but he's excited about it. It has to suck to be shit on for every stupid decision you make.

I agree, which is why I post shit like this:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1753432&postcount=11

BUT...When the man comes onto CR and asks for help repeatedly, and the people who help him are ignored in lieu of terrible decisions, then those people get frustrated.

Trish, do you put every stupid decision YOU make on blast to a bunch of people who already think you are fairly ignorant?

(Not saying that you make stupid decision, but if you did, you wouldn't advertise them, true?)

EDIT: And also, see Eli's post above. If you want help, you have to be willing to take it.