WTB: Enclosed car trailer

miller11386

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113351

Too soon? Not sure if he actually got it back (stripped of the fun stuff is what a read) but if he does have the basic trailer back maybe there looking to sell, Might be worth a shot to ask.

Also moved this for the for sale/buy area

Yeah I've been finding lots of "new" trailers around the 4000$ from "dealers"

Not sure if that's a gimmick to get you in the door or not, but I'd like to stay around that price range.

The trailer that was stolen may work, but it would be a squeeze for my car in there. Plus I don't know that I have the heart to ask after the ordeal they went through

Yea, watch the "new trailer" specs carefully (used ones as well).

2 x #3500 axles = #7000 capacity.

If the trailer weighs #3500-#4000 it doesn't leave much carrying capacity once you get the car in it!

Also on a few "cheapies" you may find leaf springs instead of torsion axles. That can be OK, but is not near as nice as the torsion design - and it still may have the lighter axles.

After a lot of shopping around, I bought my used 20' - it had #5200 torsion axles and ample weight capacity to safely haul the car, tools & spares

yeah I just cant seem to find anything local that will do the job. It doesn't need to haul a ton of weight, just my supra, some fuel and maybe a few spare parts.

I wish I could find one that would work before the season starts....

There is a place off 33 in Carroll just south of Winchester rd that sells used equipt. He's got mostly commercial equipt. But he has about 10 used enclosed trailers sitting out right now for sale. They look like old Brickman landscape trailers. Might be worth a drive.