CarMax

zeitgeist57

Great article about them in Automotive News:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130722/RETAIL04/307229961/carmax:-undisputed-used-car-champion

FOOK ME, they're big. Anyone own stock in the company? (KMX)

I purchased one car through Carmax years ago, and I would say it was a good experience. The only issue I had was with one of their asshole service guys, but they even made that right for me.

When there were issues with the car they took care of it and gave me a loaner car.

It was nice to go in and not have to do the price dance and deal with all that shit. Even more so when I compare it to my purchase at Toyota Direct, that was the single worst bying exeperience ever.

That beign said, my next purchase will be through Jet Auto...

I purchased one car through Carmax years ago, and I would say it was a good experience. The only issue I had was with one of their asshole service guys, but they even made that right for me.

When there were issues with the car they took care of it and gave me a loaner car.

It was nice to go in and not have to do the price dance and deal with all that shit. Even more so when I compare it to my purchase at Toyota Direct, that was the single worst bying exeperience ever.

I'm with you on using Jordan. I spoke with him a few times and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him on my next purchase.

I used to work for Circuit City way back in the day, when they still actually owned CarMax.

Funny how the spin-off business has flourished and Circuit City is no more.

Their business model is smart, as there are definitely people who don't like the typical "haggle" process. You won't get the best possible pricing, but at the same time you won't get raked over the coals.

I'm with you on using Jordan. I spoke with him a few times and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him on my next purchase.

Thanks guys :thumbup: