Missing Plane

Sully

Seriously, how the hell do you 'lose' a 777? This story does not make sense and things aren't adding up.

the plane flew around 350 miles at least after its last contact with air traffic control, although its transponder and other tracking systems were off.

Why were those systems off?

How do they know that 2 passports were stolen, exactly who stole them, and how the hell did they make it through security with stolen passports?

What are your thoughts & theories?

Discuss.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They know the passports were stolen because they were reported stolen 1 and 2 years ago. My guess is that they were able to make it through with them because they were in Malaysia (perhaps not the tightest and most up to date security) and the passports were foreign to them (Italian and German I believe)

To expand on that, whoever stole the passwords was traveling under the name of the person on the passport. When the flight manifest was released, two people who were otherwise presumed missing popped up and said, "Nope, I'm right here, and my passport was stolen last year." I read that Interpol actually keeps a database of revoked passports and they've been whining in the news that nobody uses it, so it's not just a Malaysia problem. It's very likely that you could board a plane with a stolen passport in most airports around the world.

As for why the transponders were shut off, there's really only two reasonable conclusions. If the plane ditched into the ocean like Air France 447, they would have been able to track it down to sea level, but they didn't. So one conclusion is that the plane exploded violently in mid-air, but the complete lack of a debris field renders this option unlikely. The second conclusion is that they were turned off.

Why were they turned off? Hijackers? Electrical glitch? Aliens? Who knows. My money is on a flight 93 scenario.

Attempted terrorists didn't know how to fly a plane, instead tried to transform into a submarine (it kinda looks the same without wings amirite?), fucked up and killed everybody without blowing up the White House as the spirit of Osama asked them to do.

No virgins for them.

Attempted terrorists didn't know how to fly a plane, instead tried to transform into a submarine (it kinda looks the same without wings amirite?), fucked up and killed everybody without blowing up the White House as the spirit of Osama asked them to do.

No virgins for them.

I... snorted. I couldn't help it because honestly, this is as likely explanation as anything else.

No virgins for them.

My money is on this or some type of mechanical failure due to the great ground crews they got over there.

I saw a video on how radar works and they pretty much can't track anything over water from what I understand.

No virgins for them.

I'll go with this. But aliens are also a good possibility.

To expand on that, whoever stole the passwords was traveling under the name of the person on the passport. When the flight manifest was released, two people who were otherwise presumed missing popped up and said, "Nope, I'm right here, and my passport was stolen last year." I read that Interpol actually keeps a database of revoked passports and they've been whining in the news that nobody uses it, so it's not just a Malaysia problem. It's very likely that you could board a plane with a stolen passport in most airports around the world.

As for why the transponders were shut off, there's really only two reasonable conclusions. If the plane ditched into the ocean like Air France 447, they would have been able to track it down to sea level, but they didn't. So one conclusion is that the plane exploded violently in mid-air, but the complete lack of a debris field renders this option unlikely. The second conclusion is that they were turned off.

Why were they turned off? Hijackers? Electrical glitch? Aliens? Who knows. My money is on a flight 93 scenario.

No virgins for them.

My understanding from Air France 447:

1) Any impact at any airspeed would cause impact and breakup debris. Water does not compress, so it's like hitting concrete. HOWEVER, if now they think it was hundreds of miles off course, it could be days until they find wreckage, as ocean currents can be pretty strong out to sea.

2) Honeywell makes the "black box" that transmitted radio signals when AF447 was in ocean 3600 meters (11,811ft!) deep. If there is a black box beeping, they'd be able to find it...

so on to "mid air explosion"...

3) How would someone be able to bring aboard enough explosives to take down a newer (and more secure) 777? And be able to take out an incredibly-rugged tracking system?

The other concern I have about terrorism, is that no group has come forward (that the news is reporting about) to lay claim to the act if that's what happened. Even before the plane's remnants are found, you'd think this would be time to tell the world what you did.

My money is on this or some type of mechanical failure due to the great ground crews they got over there.

I saw a video on how radar works and they pretty much can't track anything over water from what I understand.

What I thought I heard on the news was anything below 35,000 feet and over the water