Formula 1 2014

Draco-REX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch Monaco? Ricciardo was 4 tenths behind Hamilton at the checker, and had Vettel's turbo not failed I think he could have done even better. I don't think the Red Bulls could have gotten past the Mercs at any point, but it's still early in the season.

I did...we were thinking about going again this year but decided against it.

I will agree that Ricciardo and Vettle are getting closer when their cars stay running...however had Hamilton not needed to back off because he couldn't see out of his left eye he would have remained on the back of Nico.

In a typical Monaco race with 2 safety car periods the top two was a good battle most of the race. I wish it would have played out that they had to pit under green not under safety car I believe that would have made it a little more interesting. In the end 4th place was >30 seconds behind the leaders and there were only 4 cars on the lead lap vs. 15 last year.

i am so-so about this season so far.

partly because my favorite driver is Kimi and while he is consistent, as always. the car has him and Alonso consistently in 5-8 place. had he not had a tire puncture this past weekend i do believe he could have held 3rd.

I believe Ricciardo is outpacing Vettle. even when both cars are performing equally.

i have no sympathy for Vettle and his "issues" this year. it always seemed like his teammates had the issues in previous years. Karma is a bitch, and he is weiner himself.

I am enjoying the Nico and Hammy show out front though. Those Mercs are MILES ahead of the pack in terms of the engine.

I feel bad for McClaren. they are moving to Honda power next year, so Merc is not keeping them in the loop with engine updates for this season. I would like to see Button competitive, if he had the same engine as the Mercs i believe he would be a solid 3rd. in front of the Ferraris and Red Bulls. IMHO

My 2nd favorite driver, since the beginning of last year has been Hulkenburg. He has that Force India up in the mix. i cannot wait for him to get a good seat somewhere. it should have happened in the offseason. but that terrible ass driver Maldonado got the Lotus seat with all his financial backing.

Still don't understand the hate for Vettel. The dude is a mechanical driver who pushes his car as hard as it can go and sometimes harder. Never had an attitude, never really complained. I understand that, for the sport, it's not exciting to watch him win all the time, but I'd rather watch him win than Lewis who finds a way to complain about fucking EVERYTHING.

Either way, this season is boring the fuck out of me. Monaco might've been one of the worst races yet.

Monaco is always boring...at least they tried to pass this year...I never understood the love of that track...celebfest...

same here

I think Jules Bianchi drove the fuck out of his Marussia at the race... 9th place, 2 points... the very first 2 points for the team, EVER

I think Jules Bianchi drove the fuck out of his Marussia at the race... 9th place, 2 points... the very first 2 points for the team, EVER

What ever happened with him not serving his penalty? They kind of just stopped talking about it at the end, but I didn't see him come in.

What ever happened with him not serving his penalty? They kind of just stopped talking about it at the end, but I didn't see him come in.

He finished 8th, they dropped him to 9th.

And yeah, I've been a Bottas fan for a little while. I loved seeing him and Massa battle it out at the start of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

CANADIAN GP SPOILERS AHEAD!

Haven't seen racing like that in a while!

reddit user did a great frame-by-frame analysis of the last lap "incident"

http://i.imgur.com/WRTu05L.jpg

I was 100% on Perez's side prior to seeing this. Now I think Massa wasn't 100% innocent but Perez was definitely the irresponsible driver in this scenario. Vettel got so lucky, has anyone seen Seb's in-car footage? I can't find a video but it was scary.

Was out of town last weekend but finally watched F1...best race in A LONG time!!!. Very exciting. Sucks we had to see issues with the Mercedes to bring them back to the field but it was interesting to see Nico deal with whatever the issue was (energy recovery) better than Lewis allowing him to continue while Lewis cooked his brakes.

Nice to see a new winner as well.

just finished watching the race.

typical until about lap 40. things got SUPER exciting from there on out.

i was rooting for Massa to make that charge and win the race. At about lap 64-65 though i new it wasn't going to happen. i am very happy for Riccardo. You could see he was genuinely excited and in shock that he had won! he had a hell of a last 10- laps. Also, nice to see one of my old favs Button managing to pull off 4th was awesome!

Great Race

I liked Seb's comment after the race. "They have a hell of a lot of power if they keep staying ahead of Perez with no ERS." I think it's clear that the Mercedes advantage isn't just about power, but it's certainly got to be frustrating dealing with such a massive power deficit.

I don't know why, but I'm probably the only person who wants to see Hamilton win the WDC. I know Nico did a helluva job out there with a wounded car, and his qualifying performances are certainly impressive, but his normal race pace isn't up to Lewis'. He fucked Hamilton over in the first corner, and then when Lewis finally got DRS and was able to get past Vettel, probably using all of his saved battery power to close a nearly 3-second gap down to .4 seconds, Nico fucked him over again by a) out-braking himself, and b) turning that into his own advantage by cutting the chicane. And lastly I think that if Lewis had been out in front longer, he might not have suffered his brake failure.

I wonder how bad his brakes were, really. Nico's were smoking at one point but they adjusted the car enough that he seemed to get around OK. I wonder if Lewis had limped around for a lap if his brakes would have recovered; maybe a 6th place instead of a DNF.

I liked Seb's comment after the race. "They have a hell of a lot of power if they keep staying ahead of Perez with no ERS." I think it's clear that the Mercedes advantage isn't just about power, but it's certainly got to be frustrating dealing with such a massive power deficit.

I don't know why, but I'm probably the only person who wants to see Hamilton win the WDC. I know Nico did a helluva job out there with a wounded car, and his qualifying performances are certainly impressive, but his normal race pace isn't up to Lewis'. He fucked Hamilton over in the first corner, and then when Lewis finally got DRS and was able to get past Vettel, probably using all of his saved battery power to close a nearly 3-second gap down to .4 seconds, Nico fucked him over again by a) out-braking himself, and b) turning that into his own advantage by cutting the chicane. And lastly I think that if Lewis had been out in front longer, he might not have suffered his brake failure.

I wonder how bad his brakes were, really. Nico's were smoking at one point but they adjusted the car enough that he seemed to get around OK. I wonder if Lewis had limped around for a lap if his brakes would have recovered; maybe a 6th place instead of a DNF.

Lewis is so hard to like, he's got such a (beyond the expected for race car drivers) bitchy attitude about everything. He could be winning the race and he'd still be bitching about something.

I know, I know. But I'd rather the fastest driver in the fastest car win the WDC than some substandard driver in the fastest car pull some shenanigans and get lucky.

I hear ya, I just don't think Lewis is the fastest driver. He definitely has the fastest car but I think you put Alonso/Ricciardo/Vettel in that car and at least one of them (Alonso) is faster. Plus, I rather enjoy this Nico/Lewis rivalry, it kinda harkens back to the Prost/Senna years.

I hear ya, I just don't think Lewis is the fastest driver. He definitely has the fastest car but I think you put Alonso/Ricciardo/Vettel in that car and at least one of them (Alonso) is faster. Plus, I rather enjoy this Nico/Lewis rivalry, it kinda harkens back to the Prost/Senna years.

Or the ALonso/Hamilton friction from Lewis' rookie years