V8 E30 Project

C-Mart

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah most people complain about the 4.10 in the V8 configuration. I am more worried about it being a 'small case' vs a 'medium case'. Luckily most people go with the 5 speed so they have a final drive of 1:1 and my 6th gear is .83:1 so I am hoping that makes it manageable.

I did the math on the old tires and my top speed was somewhere around 130. These larger tires should help.

I have been out of town the last 5 weekends and again this weekend (Columbus actually) so once the traveling slows down I'll be able to get back out in the garage more to get it running.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waiting on a custom tune ECU to show up. Ready to fire up other than that then start figuring out the bugs. In the mean time I picked up a... donor type car. same year and color. going to pull all the aftermarket stuff off and put it on my V8 chassis, return it to stock and sell it in the spring. The suspension and wheel setup alone were worth more than what I paid for it.

21702066629_fe695d8388_z.jpg

21678869809_2c35f64565_z.jpg

Next picture will be me in the V8 car with a big pile of white smoke behind it.

With how crazy these prices are getting I'm not looking to get top dollar. Just steal the suspension, sell the rims and clean it up a bit.

I wouldn't mind driving it out to Columbus and flying back or buying another car out that way.

Sweeeet! My old E30 1990 325is is up for sale from the guy who I sold it to in NC. Its only got 102K original miles and its spotless cali car. I'm really thinking about buying it back its worth like 2x what hes willing to sell it back to me for (price I sold it for)

• 4 weeks later...

Well there is good news and bad. No picture of smoky burnouts, but they happened. Car is up and running and is like a big kid go cart. Smokes the tires through 4th with the 4.10 rear end.

Car is back parked for winter. I am ripping the whole thing apart again, welding reinforcements everywhere, redoing the brake lines, making the wiring cleaner, getting the interior back in, etc.

I am going to look at another car this week that is simliar to by build, but better in every way. If I buy buy it this will be for sale in the spring. I never thought I would sell it, but the car I am checking out is literally my dream car.

And I picked up a new motor because it was cheap. Making me want to throw some nitrous at it just for fun.

I have another motor sitting behind the car right now. They are notorious for lifter tick and the intake mani cover is insulated to cover it up. It will be going on once it is all out back together. It has acutely gone away with the few miles I've put on it.

Never thought I would sell my car, but I walked into a guys shop to buy a roll cage and found this.

22214599903_6fdfa02f24_z.jpg

22647749480_acb2e073ff_z.jpg

22647751060_801ff7244e_z.jpg

So I will be finishing mine over winter so the next buyer has a turn key car and this will get started right after.

LS1 1988 E30 M3

I have not picked it up yet. I put a deposit down and will be picking it up in a few weeks. The car isn't running and he is buttoning up a few things before I get it and I need to clear out some garage space. The only thing I haven't decided on yet is if I want the stock brakes or 6 piston wilwoods. He wants an extra $2500 for the wilwoods and I don't know if its worth it.

Racelogic traction control, cabin controlled brake bias, coilovers, seam welded, 17X9 wheels, evo 3 fenders (hence why they are white not red), carbon wing... A bunch of stuff.

Jelloman PM coming. Vert is getting parted out and I have a really nice suspension/brake setup.

Edited by C-Mart