1968 Firebird

Tractor

I'm posting this for a friend. He's selling his 1968 Firebird. I don't know a lot about the car itself other than it got a 350. I've looked over it a few times and I hauled it to Columbus for him when he moved here.

It starts, runs and drives and is in pretty good shape. If I wasn't moving and don't need another car to store at the moment I'd buy it because my Dad had one when they were new and this one would be an easy restore compared to many I've seen.

Asking $10,000 obo.

Name is Jeremy

Phone 419-563-5857

email jwbaldy2003@gmail.com

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/2011-07-16_13-15-06_893_zpsc87e24e4.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/2011-07-16_13-14-46_247_zpsb5f1528b.jpg

Edited by Tractor

There was a variety of engines offered in these from a v6 to a 400ci. Which would make a huge difference to a potential buyer.

The flat hood tells me it's not a 400, the huge tach on the dash tells me it's not a 6. Can't read the emblem on the hood.

Seriously though, looks like an easy resto and a good price on a solid 1 gen F-body.

Edited by 03SVT

I comfirmed its a 350, I work with the owner, he doesn't know a whole lot about it himself. He bought it a few years ago and just hasn't gotten around to restoring it, got married recently, and is moving on with life.

He may need to rethink the price range, if this was a camaro it may be closer to that number, but unfortunately the restored price of the car is reflective of the asking price. Just to make sure that I am not trying to degrade the car . I would think that ebay would be the best for this car, someone overseas may purchase it for that that price. I have a fully restored 400 auto 68 car that is probably worth 15 to 17k in this market on a good day. The days of the muscle car colossal price tags mag be ending or over.

He may need to rethink the price range, if this was a camaro it may be closer to that number, but unfortunately the restored price of the car is reflective of the asking price. Just to make sure that I am not trying to degrade the car . I would think that ebay would be the best for this car, someone overseas may purchase it for that that price. I have a fully restored 400 auto 68 car that is probably worth 15 to 17k in this market on a good day. The days of the muscle car colossal price tags mag be ending or over.

Thats good info. We came up with a starting point together. I know what he'd take for it and what he paid a few years ago. I'll pass on the info. I know these things can be very hard to price and you can't begin to price restoration cost because at some point you just have to do it for love. Got a suggested asking price? From what I can tell it needs painted, and everything cleaned up. Harder part of the restoration would be finding some of those odd things that need replacing, otherwise its a solid car and I'd be rock'n the hell out of it driving to events looking for those parts.

He didn't have current tags, and it had been in his garage up near Mansfield for awhile so he didn't want to take a chance on a breakdown between there and Columbus so I hauled it for him. I don't know of any reason it couldn't be driven.

It looks like a pretty clean rust free car from the pictures. You can run it on ebay in the salvage parts car section until it sells for no or very little insertion fee. The fee is at he back end and is about 9% or so in the end (I believe) someone may be very interested in this, and you may get the best exposure.