Power Brake Bleeder?

zeitgeist57

http://www.ecstuning.com/News/Motive_Brake_Bleeding_Products_/?utm_source=emailcampaign&utm_medium=marketing&utm_content=retail&utm_campaign=ECS_Change_Your_Brake_Fluid_rES3474

Been eyeballing these kits for awhile as a good one-man brake bleeder.

I've got euro, Japanese and american cars. I also have a good air compressor. Any recommendations on these bleeder kits?

you looking at the pump up manual kind?

I had one for about 4 years, and when I got it out to do my brakes 2 weeks ago, it shit the bed. I think the plunger that creates the pressure, and is supposed to be an air tight seal, gave up, puking fluid out the top.

Jones has one, (i'm using it now) and its probably the same age, and it still works fine. THey are well worth the money.

I will be buying a replacement after I get this round of bleeding done. I can't speak highly enough about them.

I know Nickey427 has one rigged for air, but your compressor has to have a valve to adjust pressure I think.

Get one.

Aaron call motive. Mine did that but it was more like 7-8 years old and they sent me replacement parts free of charge

Can't speak highly enough about the company or their products.

Ok, thanks man, I'll do that. I don't think our trash has come yet, so i'll dig it out lol.

Nobody here has used a manual one that simply attaches to the top of your brake resevoir? It's like a big bucket funnel that attaches and you feel with fluid. This way you can pump the brakes without worrying about pulling in air since you've effectively increased your brake fluid reservoir by however many ounces. When you're through bleeding, you simply put the plug in the bottom of the funnel (it's on a long stick, so to speak, so you don't put your hand in the fluid), and pull the unit off pouring any excess brake fluid back into a container or disposing of it.

I know it's not quite the same and you do have to check on it as you go along, but it's far cheaper and still a one man job.

I don't have one like that, I have a hand pump one from napa and works fine. I believe the one in the link will work pretty good also and it is not too pricey either.

Nobody here has used a manual one that simply attaches to the top of your brake resevoir? It's like a big bucket funnel that attaches and you feel with fluid. This way you can pump the brakes without worrying about pulling in air since you've effectively increased your brake fluid reservoir by however many ounces. When you're through bleeding, you simply put the plug in the bottom of the funnel (it's on a long stick, so to speak, so you don't put your hand in the fluid), and pull the unit off pouring any excess brake fluid back into a container or disposing of it.

I know it's not quite the same and you do have to check on it as you go along, but it's far cheaper and still a one man job.

Ive used this method for bleeding a cooling system

I got one, had to get the universal kit with the chains because the reservoir cap on Hondas isn't airtight. With the chains, it's a pain to set up, and I don't feel that it did any better of a job than the two man method, so I don't plan on using it again. YMMV, I think it works better with most German cars where you can just screw it onto the reservoir.

I've used the Motive bleeder in the past with good results. Just make sure to not over pressurize older m/c reservoirs as we had one break and spray brake fluid everywhere.

I've also had good results with speed bleeders in the calipers and that works well for one man bleeding too.

I have a HF one-man bleeder with the reservoir that keeps the M/C filled...

http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

I found the problem being that when you crack the bleeder valve at the caliper, invariably there will be a little bit of air that gets sucked in, possibly around the valve and caliper. Otherwise, it does work alright with a large air compressor, but I still feel like a second person is needed to pump the brake pedal to give a little pressure. Thoughts? Maybe I'm just using it incorrectly...