Yet another GM recall...

Sully

From looking at that recal, and I am looking at dealership level information, they are basically reissuing a recall that was already done. So if the cars in question have already been repaired chances are it doesn't even fall into this recall. The media is blowing this way out of proportion as usual.

they added a few extra cars to the old list, to make this new list.

including my old G6 i gave to my mom.

i'll have to take it in for her.

The Malibus and G6s were covered under a special policy before, so GM would've fixed it for free anyway, it just wasn't a full blown recall. I'll be curious to see how the actual recall reads, that hasen't been released yet. So good luck getting very far with it until GM catches up with their press release.

The Malibus and G6s were covered under a special policy before, so GM would've fixed it for free anyway, it just wasn't a full blown recall. I'll be curious to see how the actual recall reads, that hasen't been released yet. So good luck getting very far with it until GM catches up with their press release.

Yep I've done a few of them already.

they are basically reissuing a recall that was already done. So if the cars in question have already been repaired chances are it doesn't even fall into this recall. The media is blowing this way out of proportion as usual.

Considering GM Didn't recall ALL vehicles made with these defective parts, I don't agree the matter is being blown out of proportion. Especially since we're finding out about the ignition problems that were never reported.

I like how the article quotes "When we have answers, we will be fully transparent with you, with our regulators, and with our customers." Like anyone is going to believe that bullshit.Transparency should have occurred years ago. Sorry GM you don't get a second chance at credibility.

Considering GM Didn't recall ALL vehicles made with these defective parts, I don't agree the matter is being blown out of proportion. Especially since we're finding out about the ignition problems that were never reported.

I like how the article quotes "When we have answers, we will be fully transparent with you, with our regulators, and with our customers." Like anyone is going to believe that bullshit.Transparency should have occurred years ago. Sorry GM you don't get a second chance at credibility.

Ignition problems, and the electric power steering are 2 different cases. All the cars mentioned in the electric power steering have either been recalled or warranty extended on long before this. Besides any V6 Malibu or G6 had hydrolic power steering anyway, so don't tell me the media isn't hyping this shit up.

The ignition switch is a different matter, I personally have never had to replace a faulty switch (not a lock cylinder, the electrical switch) on a Cobalt anyway, so I don't see it as a big deal. However it must have been an issue on some cars, albeit a fraction, lets get mad at GM for issuing recalls. I didn't see you posting angry rants in the "Honda is giving away free engines on Civics of the same age as these Cobalts" thread.

Ignition problems, and the electric power steering are 2 different cases. All the cars mentioned in the electric power steering have either been recalled or warranty extended on long before this. Besides any V6 Malibu or G6 had hydrolic power steering anyway, so don't tell me the media isn't hyping this shit up.

reports are showing that GM never recalled the Saturn lineup for the power steering prior. my wife's best friend checked her car that was recalled originally and it needs to come back yet again!

The ignition switch is a different matter, I personally have never had to replace a faulty switch (not a lock cylinder, the electrical switch) on a Cobalt anyway, so I don't see it as a big deal. However it must have been an issue on some cars, albeit a fraction, lets get mad at GM for issuing recalls.
the point of this matter is that GM knew there was a problem and never notified the proper authorities and ignored the problem overall. I take this matter personally as my family lost a friend and teacher from my home town of Lyndhurst, Ohio to this problem. Tell her family that it's not a big deal, but be prepared to get some choice words in return.

I didn't see you posting angry rants in the "Honda is giving away free engines on Civics of the same age as these Cobalts" thread.

Honda is giving away engines while GM is hiding the fact that they needed to fix ignition switches with a $.57 part. What's to rant about.

Edited by TTQ B4U

John Stewart points out the lack of common sense and stupidity no matter which political side it is. Republicans just so happen to do/say stupid things more often - providing comedy gold. Which explains why there are so many shows like that.

GM makes crap cars...big surprise. If you don't want to die in a car crash due to shit build quality and design, then you shouldn't have bought a Chevy.

Stewart is a paid satirist/actor who preaches against Republicans who have money while he charges 6 figures per appearance. His opinions will be ignored.

They are all crooks, both sides, and in hollywood. Funny thing how that gun selling liberal seems to be getting little press out in CA.

HEY LOOK AT THIS MISSING PLANE AND THE TRANNY SUPRISE BRUCE JENNER WITH HIS TRAIN WRECK FAMILY, IGNORE THE ARMS DEALING LIBERAL, HE IS JUST BEING PICKED ON FOR HIS IDEAS...

reports are showing that GM never recalled the Saturn lineup for the power steering prior. my wife's best friend checked her car that was recalled originally and it needs to come back yet again!

the point of this matter is that GM knew there was a problem and never notified the proper authorities and ignored the problem overall. I take this matter personally as my family lost a friend and teacher from my home town of Lyndhurst, Ohio to this problem. Tell her family that it's not a big deal, but be prepared to get some choice words in return.

Honda is giving away engines while GM is hiding the fact that they needed to fix ignition switches with a $.57 part. What's to rant about.

Actually the NHTSA was aware of the problem and never forced a recall either.

With your friend, im sorry to hear that happend. While im no way defending GM, as there obviously was a defective part, they did say that it seemed at least a majority of the cars they have had issues with, the owner had to much weight on the key ring which caused them to fail. Ive been told since well before i could even drive, never to do that (not saying this was friends case as i dont know)

Republicans just so happen to do/say stupid things more often - providing comedy gold.

:lol: One of the most ridiculous things I've read this morning. Rep and dem are equally self involved, equally stupid, and equally in your pockets.

Also, I'm glad Audi/VW has always been the most reliable with no recalls. :rolleyes:

They are all crooks, both sides, and in hollywood.

This.

From looking at that recal, and I am looking at dealership level information, they are basically reissuing a recall that was already done. So if the cars in question have already been repaired chances are it doesn't even fall into this recall. The media is blowing this way out of proportion as usual.

So true this shit happens all the time, recalls are updated and superseded parts become available. As soon as more of the public and vast amount of the car community come to the realization that all cars are junk the better off everyone will be.

So true this shit happens all the time, recalls are updated and superseded parts become available. As soon as more of the public and vast amount of the car community come to the realization that all cars are junk the better off everyone will be.

Pretty much sums it up right here. The shit my wife has had to call customers about for BMW is just crazy and is just as bad, if not worse than anything that ever came out of the big 3.

Agreed.

Actually the NHTSA was aware of the problem and never forced a recall either.

So their both guilty, but it doesn't excuse GM in the slightest. It's their vehicle and their engineering that caused the death.

The above is equivalent to saying a guy speeding down the street hitting someone in a crosswalk is less guilty than the cop who clocked him speeding 1/2 mile earlier but didn't pull him over. In the end, the guy speeding is responsible not the cop. Chicken or Egg.

Is it a safe assumption that with these newer cars with electric steering that when power is lost(electrical) the steering is completely dead?? Report I saw said in 1 instance the steering "locked" and the driver lost control as a result and was killed.

I know in hydraulic steering even if power is lost you still can maintain control albeit it's a bitch, but better than nothing.

Either way it doesn't seem to have been handled well by GM and they're taking a beating for it.

So their both guilty, but it doesn't excuse GM in the slightest. It's their vehicle and their engineering that caused the death.

The above is equivalent to saying a guy speeding down the street hitting someone in a crosswalk is less guilty than the cop who clocked him speeding 1/2 mile earlier but didn't pull him over. In the end, the guy speeding is responsible not the cop. Chicken or Egg.

Depends. Was the guy driving a Lambo?