My CL score, $100 utility trailer

gillbot

Saw this simple 4x8 utility trailer listed on craigslist for ~$200 and shot an offer for $100 not expecting much. To my surprise, the seller said if I came to get it within the next day or two, he'd accept!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/imagejpg1_zpsa4f4f101.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/imagejpg2_zpsa680abe8.jpg

After I got there I got another surprise! The owner just got the plates renewed so they are good till Jan-2015. I'm not sure if I can transfer them to me or if it's even worth it. The trailer is gonna need rewired, painted and overall cleaned up but for hauling a quad or general use, I don't think I did too bad! I've been looking for something small to pull behind my Jeep since a 2 door wrangler lacks space.

I know it isn't much but all I really wanted it for was to move my wife's old yamaha quad from her fathers to where we live now.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/gillbot/imagejpg1_zps16136572.jpg

The quad has been sitting for probably 15 years and I want to fix it up so she can ride it again. It has a huge sentimental value since her late grandfather bought it for her. I know everyone is going to say it isn't worth it but some things you can't put a dollar value on.

Aside from getting pulled over and getting a warning from a WV state trooper for no trailer lights, everything went pretty well. Can't really blame the trooper though, the connector for the lights broke from sitting out for who knows how long and I was hoping to be home before it got dark anyway. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I knew I was going to get pulled over. Thankfully he was really understanding. Loaded up the quad and made it home in one piece. Now to get to work cleaning both up and getting ready for summer!

Plates are non transferable like that. They are just like a car. Good score.

I figured but was hopeful. Wonder what the harm would be to wait till the end of the year to re-register it.

Etrailer.com is your friend. A new wiring harness is cheap.

So far eBay and harbor freight have me covered on most items but that link will get bookmarked for sure.

those yamaha breeze were built for a long time and they all never changed much if any so parts shouldn't be an issue finding.

One would think, doesn't seem to be the case so far. Most parts are from ratty ass parts bikes that people ditched for something bigger or the few decent spares are gobbled up by dealerships fixing these things up since they seem to be faily popular for smaller riders still.

Yamaha Breeze 125...wow. My first "car". That really brings back memories of bumping around southern Ohio for hours and hours after school. Where I'm from, we use quads as cars :)

My wife got hers when she was like 13 or 14 I believe. If I can keep it in decent enough shape, our kids may end up with it here soon. :lolguy:

• 4 weeks later...

My latest update....... I put all new lights, wiring and safety chains on this trailer then proceeded to pick up a Yamaha Grizzly 600 for myself. That thing barely fit on this trailer so I'm now looking for a bigger trailer. For grins I threw this one on craigslist for $250 and the damn thing sold within a few days! My new goal is to try and find a trailer I can fit both the Grizzly 600 and Breeze 125 on for $250, LOL.

On a side note, the Breeze 125 is running like a top. Cleaned out the carb about 5 times after buying then returning a carb rebuild kit. The seller insisted it was compatible but the jets were different. I ended up grabbing just a pilot jet from eBay since the original was plugged solid. Snagged an AGM battery from eBay for $20 shipped and a few other misc pieces and so far so good! I need to overhaul the front brakes since they don't work at all but the backs work well. Other than that, a new plug, oil change and I'm calling it a complete success!

Next on the tuneup block will be the Grizzly. It has some issues also, the main ones that bother me is no kill switch. The key nor the engine off will kill it so you have to pull the choke to make it die. The shift lever has a bit of slop in the joints so it doesn't allow full shifting range. If you adjust it for low, it doesn't like going into reverse and conversely, if you adjust it for reverse it won't go into low. It also has no front brakes but the rears work fine. The foot brake is also completely disconnected. Other than that, the 4x4, high, low and everything seems to work fine. It has a winch and plow but I was told the winch was disconnected so I'm going to assume it's dead. There's a hand lift for the plow though so idgas. Now I'm actually tempted to trade this thing for something smaller!