Elio

Exodus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that this is NOT a car. It is a motorcycle as far as the DOT is concerned, so it does not have to conform to the same safety regs as a car.

The company is trying to get around some of the details associated with being classified as a motorcycle. I've heard that they will not require a motorcycle endorsement on your license and that the helmet laws will not apply. We'll see...

Did you preorder one?

Nope. While I'm enthusiastic about brands like this and Tesla, unfortunately I think Elio Motors has a 1 in 3 chance of actually making it to market.

Production is delayed until 2015...B'CUZ OF COURSE IT IS.

Nope. While I'm enthusiastic about brands like this and Tesla, unfortunately I think Elio Motors has a 1 in 3 chance of actually making it to market.

Production is delayed until 2015...B'CUZ OF COURSE IT IS.

Wellllll

http://i60.tinypic.com/2dqmsdl.jpg

Can you order it without a .9L 55hp engine and swap it for an ecoboost 1L 125hp with the same (or better) mpg.

Also: "Retail Centers will be stand-alone sales locations run by Elio-trained employees, so you’ll never find yourself saying, “Hey, weren’t you flipping burgers at Hamburger Heaven last week?" -- Classy

"Retail Centers will be stand-alone sales locations run by Elio-trained employees, so you’ll never find yourself saying, “Hey, weren’t you flipping burgers at Hamburger Heaven last week?" -- Classy

I'm sure they are looking at Tesla's troubles in some states and wondering what the fate of Elio stores would be as well...

At least Elon Musk is creating a road map of amiable states/markets for other small-volume manufacturers that want to sell cars out of retail shops...

I'm sure they are looking at Tesla's troubles in some states and wondering what the fate of Elio stores would be as well...

At least Elon Musk is creating a road map of amiable states/markets for other small-volume manufacturers that want to sell cars out of retail shops...

Elon Musk also has the financial resources to make that happen.

• 6 months later...