Let's talk M9/92SF

Mojoe

I have shot it for year's. I can shoot pretty well with them. I see people go after them, often. I just don't get it. I'm not really a fan. It's heavy, clunky, and there are far smoother functioning handguns out there these days.

Looking to get peoples thoughts and outlook why you would go for one, likes and dislikes.

I think there is a fan base for them, because it's what the military mostly uses. Honestly, I hadn't shot one in 5+ years, and very little before that. I shot quite a bit of other handgun, then had to qualify with the M9 last year. It pissed me off a little, like I was a gun snob. And, I shoot very average guns.

I purchased my 92FS years ago when the M9 was adopted by the military to replace the 1911. It definitely is bulkier and heavier than most handguns being made today. It has always been a very reliable and dependable handgun, it is a real smooth shooter.

It's definitely has more weight and feels much larger than any of the Sigs I own. I shoot it as well as anything else I own. There's definitely better handguns out there for the money, but these guns seem to be on most "want to own list".

I will keep it in my collection, no reason to replace it. It has never had a glitch or misfire and has become a good conversation piece when most guys see it.

I never minded carrying an M9, but wasn't always a fan. Granted, I never had any issues with my issues M9, but I also utilized factory Beretta mags too. The single action pull is ok, double action is awful, and the sights are deffinately not my cup of tea. Compared to the Sig 226, the M9 isn't always just point and shoot. In its defense, it's stupid simple to operate, easier to break down, and when properly maintained, I've had no issues. When I did PSD work in Trashcanistan, it was on my hip 24/7. Keeping the thumb safety off with the hammer down, I knew I could be in action quickly. I do plan to pick one up myself, just because it's familiar.

All of us that grew up in the 80s watching Lethal Weapon just want to be like Mel Gibson.... except in number 4 when Jet Lee stripped it while pointed at him.

This ^

Let us not forget about the Die Hard films as well...

I'll be honest this is the reason I bought my 92A1. I actually like the weight of it. Granted this is the only handgun I have owned so far/shot. I'm happy with it.

P.S. the 92A1 comes with 3 factory 17 round mags.

FWIW