picture of my car

yarp

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=45836;type=avatar

On the other hand, if you wanted to join a car community, might I suggest that in the future you not start by (1) telling a group they're doing it wrong,

Thanks for being straight up, and adult. The children still managed to throw hate at me even though I clearly stated how I felt. Some peoples kids...

I didn't mean to suggest that anyone was doing anything wrong, and I will standby my opinion that it is a bunch of hoops to jump through. Though yourself and a few others have bothered to try and convince me that there is a whole lot more here than the morons im used to dealing with on the internet. perhaps there is more to it. I'll find out right now I imagine.

(2) telling the group what not to do

Now thats hardly fair. The very first thing all of you did was tell me what to do AND how to do it. My wife is not allowed both of those options, why the hell would I submit to the will of *looks around* no one. from my point of view I can't see a damn thing. For all I know everyone here is a 20 year old Subaru pilot and I was kicking their parents off the internet for being script kiddies 20 years ago. I'm supposed to talk about my car, but the truth is every time I fix one thing on the car I find two more things that need fixed. I'm not proud of it yet. I think its pretty crappy of the whole community to make me admit that just so I can look around and see if theres anything worthwhile before I invest all this energy. I can't apologize for having an opinion on this subject anymore than the people who sent me hate will apologize for their opinion of my first, honest post.

(3) stating that you just want information.

yeah, god forbid I just be straight up with everyone and not dick around.

No hate here, but no rep either.

again, appreciate the non hate adultness. perhaps I can earn the rep with my outstanding wordsmithing skills.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you'd put as much effort into your intro thread as you did in your rebuttal of what I said, you'd have likely sailed right into this esteemed group. But, hindsight is 20/20. Everyone deserves a second chance.

It seems strange that you'd want to join Columbus Racing just to ask for recommendations for an exhaust shop friendly to mods. You can Google "Columbus Ohio exhaust shop reviews" and get that information in a matter of seconds. You actually got a good recommendation on here with "Madhatter." I've had custom work done there and they are low priced and honest. The neighborhood's a bit sketchy, but something tells me that won't bother you. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your second Oven thread. I give you points for perseverance.

Now thats hardly fair. The very first thing all of you did was tell me what to do AND how to do it. My wife is not allowed both of those options, why the hell would I submit to the will of *looks around* no one. from my point of view I can't see a damn thing. For all I know everyone here is a 20 year old Subaru pilot and I was kicking their parents off the internet for being script kiddies 20 years ago. I'm supposed to talk about my car, but the truth is every time I fix one thing on the car I find two more things that need fixed. I'm not proud of it yet. I think its pretty crappy of the whole community to make me admit that just so I can look around and see if theres anything worthwhile before I invest all this energy. I can't apologize for having an opinion on this subject anymore than the people who sent me hate will apologize for their opinion of my first, honest post.

I'm still not sure if we are worthy of you.

*snip*

I really just wanted to join to search for exhaust threads so i could draw my own conclusions. thats how i roll *shrugs*

but i probably would have posted something. I was looking for personal experience with shops. opinions.

I've worked with mad hatter before. they do great work. last i heard, ls1tech.com i think. they had stopped working with anything that wasn't stock. And I'm everything but stock. my local shops bender is broken. next best one can't get me in before the 12th and I have a race next weekend. and my exhaust is flat out embarrassing.

• Downvote 1

I really just wanted to join to search for exhaust threads so i could draw my own conclusions. thats how i roll *shrugs*

but i probably would have posted something. I was looking for personal experience with shops. opinions.

I've worked with mad hatter before. they do great work. last i heard, ls1tech.com i think. they had stopped working with anything that wasn't stock. And I'm everything but stock. my local shops bender is broken. next best one can't get me in before the 12th and I have a race next weekend. and my exhaust is flat out embarrassing.

Say word son

Typing "Hey, My name is Joe and I have a Toyota Supra that I like to modify/race. I want to join CR to see what your opinions are of exhaust shops in the area and maybe even attend an event. Here is a pic of my car." = too hard for you to do. This has to effect you in other areas of life.

Typing "Hey, My name is Joe and I have a Toyota Supra that I like to modify/race. I want to join CR to see what your opinions are of exhaust shops in the area and maybe even attend an event. Here is a pic of my car." = too hard for you to do. This has to effect you in other areas of life.

fair enough.

I'd like to say i'm not like that in real life, but maybe I am. There's a couple cats here that know me and they don't seem to treat me like a dick. maybe they do and I'm just stupid.

ask them.

but, I am like this on the internet. comes from not being a n00b since 1994 or so. 20+ years on the internet gives you a completely different attitude when dealing with totally anonymous people.

ahhh i wish i could see my rep.

Is it possible for a online user profile to just burst into flames?

its almost cool. I can post, and then go directly to my user CP and read hate comments!

• Upvote 2

I'm on the fence about this one.

CR is here for the automotive community, but people don't take joining just to avoid everyone lightly. Joining just to do a forum search is kind of ambiguous.

To each their own, but I welcome you if you'd like to stay and actually participate. We're fiercely protective of each other and our interests.

Joining just to do a forum search is kind of ambiguous.

yarrrr, it kinda cornfused me. ive had to join forums for search abilty but never had to be interviewd by a panel of ...hell, whoever, just to view a forum, so i can decide if its worthwhile to push the search button, before i make a post and everyone tells me to fuckoff for not using the search button....yeah

To each their own, but I welcome you if you'd like to stay and actually participate. We're fiercely protective of each other and our interests.

I've always enjoyed those types of communities. which is why ive stayed long enough for the bullies to start chucking rocks. That usually tells me I'm doing something right.

spend it!

spend you're hard earned rep power on defeating little ole me!

Come to the darkside my pretties.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

But I know...

yes i know...

you can only hurt me once.

MUWHAHAHAHHAA

fair enough.

I'd like to say i'm not like that in real life, but maybe I am. There's a couple cats here that know me and they don't seem to treat me like a dick. maybe they do and I'm just stupid.

ask them.

but, I am like this on the internet. comes from not being a n00b since 1994 or so. 20+ years on the internet gives you a completely different attitude when dealing with totally anonymous people.

Well, this is exactly why we introduce ourselves. I happen to be very much in love with the MKIII Supra and the fact that you have one and race it is pretty cool in my book.