Hey Doc

yarp

Yes, Keith Turk (Racing Director, Ohio Mile) came steaming back in his truck to meet me after my run. Because I had a 135 mph safety equipment limit, I decided I'd trap at 130 mph to be on the safe side but still beat the record. (The car hit 150 without breaking a sweat). Although when I went into the trap my speedo showed 130-131, they timed me at 142.

Keith told me in 2012 that they should have banned me for life in 2011 when they had a reason. I figured I was about to get it today. He was very hot, but no lifetime ban and not even kicked out of the event today.

I went back in line and set the record legit.

What was your class record and speed? You told me today but I'm not sure I'd get it right to recount it here.

Keith told me in 2012 that they should have banned me for life in 2011 when they had a reason. I figured I was about to get it today. He was very hot, but no lifetime ban and not even kicked out of the event today..

:fuckyeah:

What was your class record and speed? You told me today but I'm not sure I'd get it right to recount it here.

Fuel Altered Coupe "D" 261 to 305.99 cubic inches

D/FALT

She was bouncing off the rev limiter for the last 1/8 mile in third gear and never saw overdrive.

Melted down the fuel pump relay...lol

I had to steal one from Joe Grier to get home. Hope I can contact him and return the part or favor somehow.

Guess I have to get control of this 4l60 and see what she'll really trap.

Well, Joe, I was impressed with you and with your car. For having posted one of the worst intro threads I've ever seen, you're a very personable fellow. I was wrong in my e-assessment of you. You clearly have a lot to contribute to CR if you choose. My bad. Edited by Doc

Thanks, Mitch. But, as Jones so painfully reminds me, I've only gone after the "low hanging fruit." :(

Low hanging fruit is still fruit. If those records didn't matter, they wouldn't exist.

You do have one distinction that will be very difficult to overcome: Getting kicked out after blowing through the traps at over 175mph... while standing on the brakes. :fuckyeah:

Low hanging fruit is still fruit. If those records didn't matter, they wouldn't exist.

You do have one distinction that will be very difficult to overcome: Getting kicked out after blowing through the traps at over 175mph... while standing on the brakes. :fuckyeah:

There are two kinds of car people, racers and enthusiast. The enthusiasts has limits to the addiction, the racer will do anything to get that high one more time.

Well done! An accomplishment most car guys can't claim once in their life you've done twice, I'm sure in gentleman fashion as well. Would love to have been there for it, did anyone get it on video? The run...and the talking to?

Thanks, gents.

Austin, Brian got loads of stills, some hand-held video and two Go Pros on the car. After he gets a week or two to do some processing and editing, I'm sure he'll post the results in a thread here.

I'm not sure if Joe (yarp) got a photo of me getting yelled at, but he's welcome to post it if he got one. There really weren't others standing around, as this happened just as I was coming off the shutdown and started to drive towards the pits. I'm sure it would have made an entertaining video. I'll have to check with Brian to see if the in-car GoPro has any audio from the encounter. It's just me profusely apologizing and trying to explain that my speedometer showed me within the safety rating zone. I was positive I was going to get banned for life for what was truly unintentional.

Brian, if it picked up any of Keith yelling, we need to review it before posting it. We didn't have Keith's permission to record him and I'm sure he doesn't want most of what he said repeated. If you can hear him, you'll understand.

Thanks, gents.

Austin, Brian got loads of stills, some hand-held video and two Go Pros on the car. After he gets a week or two to do some processing and editing, I'm sure he'll post the results in a thread here.

I'm not sure if Joe (yarp) got a photo of me getting yelled at, but he's welcome to post it if he got one. There really weren't others standing around, as this happened just as I was coming off the shutdown and started to drive towards the pits. I'm sure it would have made an entertaining video. I'll have to check with Brian to see if the in-car GoPro has any audio from the encounter. It's just me profusely apologizing and trying to explain that my speedometer showed me within the safety rating zone. I was positive I was going to get banned for life for what was truly unintentional.

Brian, if it picked up any of Keith yelling, we need to review it before posting it. We didn't have Keith's permission to record him and I'm sure he doesn't want most of what he said repeated. If you can hear him, you'll understand.

I still need to pull the go pro footage, but trust me, I've had to "remove" stuff that happens at the top end of race tracks many times. Just ask Ray about his little to hot for TV moment from Hotlanta last year :gabe: