My first new car, '14 Fiesta ST!!

Dr. Apex

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats really sad is Ford putting good seats in their performance cars and Subaru WRX/STi still getting complete shit seats, shit 305hp, shit tune, ect. These things will keep me from buying another one.

I think I'm going the Audi RS5 or GTR next time and I won't be so disappointed in a car.

Whats really sad is Ford putting good seats in their performance cars and Subaru WRX/STi still getting complete shit seats, shit 305hp, shit tune, ect. These things will keep me from buying another one.

I think I'm going the Audi RS5 or GTR next time and I won't be so disappointed in a car.

WRX are plastic piles, everything in those are completely outdated

I listen to the Smoking Tire Podcast and one of their friends bought one and they all love it. They are working with Cobb going through the different stages. They are about to work on Stage 3. Here is a stage 2 vid:

Looks like a very fun car.

You''ll be bored with the RS5's lack of power in no time..

Very cool! They are fun cars for sure. What made you go with a Fiesta over the Focus?

Handling, cost, brakes aren't easily overwhelmed like the Focus and better looking imo.

most say it is more fun and handles better

^Yup.

Must be pretty roomy inside because Ben isn't short. Am I safe to assume this is in addition to the Mustang?

Nope, the Mustang was traded in, needed the money to make this happen within my budget. Plus the Mustang was in need of some work before I could get on a track again and enjoy it, and I wasn't enjoying it anymore on a normal basis.

Ford lists it at 2,742lbs.

You''ll be bored with the RS5's lack of power in no time..

But it looks sooooooo good.

Your probably right though. On the other hand I drive an STi...so clearly power or looks or handling or really anything significant wasnt on my list.

Edited by Panduh

Congrats, man! Fun little cars and great for a daily. I was the same away with the sunroof business when I bought my last Supra. Hard to find one at the time that wasn't targa. The Vibe has a sunroof; good one that goes into the roof instead of above it, but I bought it used and screw it. New? Never.

The roof was the one option I wouldn't tolerate of the 4 on my car. It has Navi which I could do without but oh well, I just didn't want the damn roof.

I have to admit the tech in this car is great. Just plug in my iphone and viola it's all on my navi screen controlled though the steering wheel buttons and voice commands. I can even run my climate control thru voice command and such. Bluetooth is gravy to use also. Never had any of this stuff before.

For me, I work so much that the only sun I get is walking to and from the car so a sunroof is a must :)

Nice pick up. It will be interesting to see how you like a turbo 4 FWD car over time. I have tried to love 2 different turbo 4 FWDs and sold both in less than 15 months to go back to V8 RWD.

For me, I work so much that the only sun I get is walking to and from the car so a sunroof is a must :)

Nice pick up. It will be interesting to see how you like a turbo 4 FWD car over time. I have tried to love 2 different turbo 4 FWDs and sold both in less than 15 months to go back to V8 RWD.

The key is to upgrade the suspension to behave like a rwd. Oh, and an excellent diff. To me fwd is acceptable as a daily. I grew up when every car was rwd and only 1 in 50 were worth a shit. :p FWD is like that, now. Just gotta find the right one or one close and set it up how you want.

The roof was the one option I wouldn't tolerate of the 4 on my car. It has Navi which I could do without but oh well, I just didn't want the damn roof.

I have to admit the tech in this car is great. Just plug in my iphone and viola it's all on my navi screen controlled though the steering wheel buttons and voice commands. I can even run my climate control thru voice command and such. Bluetooth is gravy to use also. Never had any of this stuff before.

When are we gonna run dailys? Haha You've gotta 100lbs less and 10hp more, (probably more than that since my car is from 2003).

Hmm, you get a small passenger for a handicap. ;)

The key is to upgrade the suspension to behave like a rwd. Oh, and an excellent diff. To me fwd is acceptable as a daily. I grew up when every car was rwd and only 1 in 50 were worth a shit. :p FWD is like that, now. Just gotta find the right one or one close and set it up how you want.

There is only so much you can do. I had a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - when you pump 280+ foot pounds of torque through the front wheels it is hard to make it behave like RWD. It handled excellent and I loved the steering but it literally tried to kill me every time I went WOT.