Anyone going (or have been) to the Indy 500?

HotCarl

My buddy text me last night and said tickets were dirt cheap and Jason Aldean was playing for an extra $40 ticket I believe. $40 per car for camping. BYOB, packing up some sandwiches sounds like a nice weekend. Have never attended a race before though.

Has anyone ever gone? what should I expect? Anything in particular I should bring?

Been several times, with and without children , my wife wants to go this year so ill probably be in attendance.

Will be a day trip for us though

Bring beverages typically very hot and no shade...! radio to listen to the race when the cars arent in front of you...

It is an awesome experience if you are staying/watching from the infield. Bring lots of beer and food. I don't think the food stands where that bad on pricing but this was about 4 years ago. Also set up a pop up tent if you can to have somewhere out of the sun. Other then that traffic gets bad around there so get there early for a good spot.

I don't know all of the details he said Jason Aldean was playing for an extra $40 ticket and i think its $40 per car to camp. I have a large two room tent we're gonna set up, some umbrella chairs. I figure if each of us (three total going) picks up a case of beer and a case of water each, and packs a couple of sandwiches we should be good.

My friends uncle is the chef for Rahal Racing so hopefully we can get into their hospitality area, that would be cool. I kinda just want to see the pit area and where they actually work on the cars but I'm assuming that will all be closed off to spectators.

I'll be going again this year, I've been going for the past 6 years or so. Definitely a good time if you like drinking beer and hitting on drunken women. The Andean concert should be a big old drunken bucket of pussies to fuck.