Grand Prix karting, fresh start

Mojoe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited to check this out. I made it into the 29second club down at Full Throttle Indoor Karting in Cincy and had a blast. I agree though, no braking helps a ton!!

I stopped by briefly on Friday and they were experimenting with new tire pressures and as Mojoe said it Kent put down a 35.9xx. Where his best before that was a 36.6xx I believe. So I’m saying the new tire pressures are working.

I work Wednesday of this week so I’ll try something to figure out the weight difference we were talking about.

No a session is based on the first car out of the pits. We ‘start’ the session while the karts are in the pits, but the countdown doest ‘trigger’ until the first kart trips the timer at the exit of pit road. They then have 8 minutes to give it hell. Of course the faster you are the more laps you get. My math could be wrong but with a 35.9xx average lap time you should get almost 13 laps in an 8 minute session.

I stopped by briefly on Friday and they were experimenting with new tire pressures and as Mojoe said it Kent put down a 35.9xx. Where his best before that was a 36.6xx I believe. So I’m saying the new tire pressures are working.

I work Wednesday of this week so I’ll try something to figure out the weight difference we were talking about.

No a session is based on the first car out of the pits. We ‘start’ the session while the karts are in the pits, but the countdown doest ‘trigger’ until the first kart trips the timer at the exit of pit road. They then have 8 minutes to give it hell. Of course the faster you are the more laps you get. My math could be wrong but with a 35.9xx average lap time you should get almost 13 laps in an 8 minute session.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to finally use up my freebies this month and put down a time for the heavyweight division. :p

Kent and Steve are in the low to mid 34's. Someone has a 33.9xx. However, I believe that was on a kart with some thing done to it.

I saw your name on that 35.1! congrats man

I ran a couple of races tonight, turning a 35.7 with my fat ass

10320449_571347523110_3420922333994659911_n.jpg

the guy in 2nd there behind me got his fast lap following me

Thanks.I haven't seen where weight is a disadvantage at this place. The karts are fast enough for a light rider to zoom and chase traction. Yet, a heavier rider seems to grip and still have the power to zoom well too. I'd say it's a fair track.

naaa, in the previous race, I could clearly see where my friend (he's maybe 160-170?, a solid 100lbs fewer than I'm packing) was faster in the tight corners and we were very level on the faster stuff.

He's a 35.27. I turned a few 36.2 in that one and a 36.3

I worked last night, wasn’t able to do the timing thing we've been talking about. We were just busy enough to prevent me from doing it.

I did find out there is one kart out there that has a 'fresh' set of tires on it. I would guess that is the kart that both kent and steve used to put down the 34.0xx

I got one shot at the track last night and it wasn’t in the kart with fresh tires. I put up a 34.974, sadly that isn’t even good enough for top 15 anymore. I happy that I got down in to the 34’s but will need to shave off another 2 tenths to get in the top 10. It isn’t much but the more and more these numbers come down, the harder it will be to find that next tenth. Guess that’s the challenge.

**EDIT**

Just remembered this... I did find out last night that next Wednesday they are planning on running the BIG track for the first time. It’s a 1/2 mile in length and from I am told is the largest indoor track in the USA and third largest in the world. It should be a hell of a time as the ‘jr’ track or the ‘back’ track whatever you call it hasn’t been ground down and hasn’t had ANY racing on it. To say it’s going to be slick is a gross understatement. It should allow the people with real talent to shine.

Edited by OrangeDot3083
remembered something

^^ I will be there next Wednesday, it is a members only invite for the full track.

As the days pass the monthly top 15 will become the elitests list. And, as you said a tenth of a second will be a big deal. Congrats on the 34.0xx.

Full track was absolute chaos our first session out. I managed a 1:06.199 my second session; traffic is pretty difficult in that configuration so I didn't get any clean laps after that. Best time of the day was something like a 1:03.2. The back section is very unforgiving of quick foot movements.

I think it goes without saying, but I really like this place. I can't wait for the tiny tykes track to open up so I can have an excuse to go back more often.

How did you guys find out about the full track yesterday? I didn't get my email until today. It came yesterday but not until the track session was already open! Would've been nice to have a headsup but you guys sound like you already had it! I'm kinda pissed. >:-(

I did finally get on the track. It was awesome. I really hope they keep the back track slick. It is SUCH a challenge and a nice change of pace. So I got one shot at it and never really got a clean lap but was able to put up a 1:04.7xx. I would have loved to go out a couple more times but it wasn’t in the cards.

It was great talking to the both of you again last night!

Good talking to you too Jon.

FYI, this weekend is their Grand Opening. The FAN radio station will be there, and you can race with their people. There will be other events there as well, like a free rock climbing wall, peddle karts you can race while you wait to get on the track, also free. Food vendors and I believe adult beverages may be sold there too.

Don't quote me, but I think there is discounted racing Saturday.

Good talking to you too Jon.

FYI, this weekend is their Grand Opening. The FAN radio station will be there, and you can race with their people. There will be other events there as well, like a free rock climbing wall, peddle karts you can race while you wait to get on the track, also free. Food vendors and I believe adult beverages may be sold there too.

Don't quote me, but I think there is discounted racing Saturday.

let us know! I'd be down for doing... depending if I'm going to Digfest at the Grandview Rail Yard