Bye Gallardo, hello Huracan

Putty

Looks damn good!! 602hp!!!

http://image.motortrend.com/f/features/mt_hot_list/1403_2015_lamborghini_huracan_18_things_you_didnt_know/69149694/2015-Lamborghini-Huracan-rear-three-quarters.jpg

I like the clean looks. Both the front and rear fascias are very modern, yet Lambo-distinctive. The interior looks awesome!

It's going to be a heck of a performer, and I find the ability to do all of this without needing a true manual transmission refreshing in a market where the take rate for stick-shift transmissions is rapidly waning. Go Lamborghini!!!

Can't wait to slay one.

Which one would be more exciting to look at in the garage each time in the mornings before work?

I agree, GTR is a fantastic automobile. I almost bought one.

But to your point about your car being faster.... that's not what it is always about... if that's the case, then there is some civic/focus/colt out there that can smoke your GTR... buy a civic if that's your only reason for judging cars.

Which one would be more exciting to look at in the garage each time in the mornings before work?

But to your point about your car being faster.... that's not what it is always about... if that's the case, then there is some civic/focus/colt out there that can smoke your GTR... buy a civic if that's your only reason for judging cars.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2s76qol.gif

I agree as well.

Dat ass.

If you can walk away from your parked car without looking back at it you bought the wrong car :)

Don't take my post the wrong way, it was a joke.

I love Lambo's, have since I was a kid, and will still grab a LP570-4 at some point. However, right now, I do quite a bit of racing. The GTR is better at all forms of racing than the Gallardo, let alone with a couple mods.

I don't do "car shows" where I detail my car for 2 days and hope somebody gives me a trophy for it. I'll go through 2 tanks of fuel in a day running through hocking or 555 and getting the car filthy, just to take it racing next week dirty as hell.

The depreciation on a GTR is almost NILL compared to most cars, let alone a Gallardo. Not willing to drive a car 1000 miles a year and just take it to car shows and "only lose" 50K in a couple years for 2000 miles and 4 car shows of use. It's just not me.

Maybe when I get really old I'll just want something with some exotic sheet metal I can park and take on Sunday cruises, but for what I do now, they make no sense.

Fuck thats a good looking car. I wish they came out with a NA v6 version for 100k :dumb:

:dumb: indeed. Reminds me of a girl I went to high school with. Back then she said she wanted a Viper because "they're cute." No. Just no.

I cannot think of a single car on this planet that is $200K worth of "exciting" sitting in a garage. For that matter I can't think of one that is $100K worth of "exciting" either. That's just me though. I understand the fascination and I too grew up with a Lambo poster on my wall.

Even if I had more money I don't think I could drop that kind of cash for something I had to park and look at more than use.

Meh. I'd rather own $200K worth of land.

That’s only relative to where you buy it. That can buy you a square mile in Montana, an entire street of rental property in Detroit, or a shitty Condo in New York.

Again, money changes perspective. You need a different set of spectacles to see the need for this car. Without it, this purchase will never make sense.

Don't take my post the wrong way, it was a joke.

I love Lambo's, have since I was a kid, and will still grab a LP570-4 at some point. However, right now, I do quite a bit of racing. The GTR is better at all forms of racing than the Gallardo, let alone with a couple mods.

I don't do "car shows" where I detail my car for 2 days and hope somebody gives me a trophy for it. I'll go through 2 tanks of fuel in a day running through hocking or 555 and getting the car filthy, just to take it racing next week dirty as hell.

The depreciation on a GTR is almost NILL compared to most cars, let alone a Gallardo. Not willing to drive a car 1000 miles a year and just take it to car shows and "only lose" 50K in a couple years for 2000 miles and 4 car shows of use. It's just not me.

Maybe when I get really old I'll just want something with some exotic sheet metal I can park and take on Sunday cruises, but for what I do now, they make no sense.

How about this? :gabe:

You need a different set of spectacles to see the need for this car. Without it, this purchase will never make sense.

:lol: Please JP, explain to me the need for this car. Ever. Explain how ones existence might cease if this car were not sitting in their garage. Regardless of the spectacles no exotic car is a NEED.

Look bruh, I said I get it. It's cool and all (not in a fantasy poverV6 like you described, but yeah). I will never NEED a $200K vehicle like this in my life.

If you talk wants, wishes, or desires, then what you're saying makes sense.

:lol: Please JP, explain to me the need for this car. Ever. Explain how ones existence might cease if this car were not sitting in their garage. Regardless of the spectacles no exotic car is a NEED.

Look bruh, I said I get it. It's cool and all (not in a fantasy poverV6 like you described, but yeah). I will never NEED a $200K vehicle like this in my life.

If you talk wants, wishes, or desires, then what you're saying makes sense.

It does not make sense because you may not possess the correct viewpoint.

The more money you posses, want often becomes need. Do you think the "big dogs" in the roll race/mile game want to spend millions staying ahead of competition they see once a year, or do they need to be #1 to be happy? Happiness is Life IMO. If you aren’t happy, you aren’t living. If you require that “want” to be content with your life, I would say that is now need-because who does not to be happy?

When you have millions to blow, the line gets severely blurred.

It does not make sense because you may not possess the correct viewpoint.

The more money you posses, want often becomes need. Do you think the "big dogs" in the roll race/mile game want to spend millions staying ahead of competition they see once a year, or do they need to be #1 to be happy? Happiness is Life IMO. If you aren’t happy, you aren’t living. If you require that “want” to be content with your life, I would say that is now need-because who does not to be happy?

When you have millions to blow, the line gets severely blurred.

I see what you're saying but I can't agree that it's a legitimate need. A strong urge to impress others is the reason to get this car. For fun, as you mentioned, is a reason to get this car. It's not a necessity.

Diamonds already talked about the fact that many cars can do that for much less. You're right. It's about perspective and desire. The only things I need to survive are air, water, food, and shelter. Then everything else takes priority in varying orders. Family, friends, career, etc.

A $200K car may make me happy short term, but it will never be "enough". Jones had fun in his OOOOdi. Bragged often. Now he boasts (rightfully so) about the joy his GTR brings him. I get that. He won't die if he can't have a GTR though. It's not a legitimate need.

Many people stay at jobs they hate for a good paycheck. If all you need is happiness, why stay?

I agree that with more money comes blurrier lines. I simply said for me I can't fathom spending that much on a car. I may never know that kind of money though so this is all moot. Easy to say from one side of the fence.

I can't even fathom spending $20-30K on a DD when there are options out there that would fulfill the purpose, be a blast for me to drive, and cost far less. Just me though man.

I'd be happy with another 1992 Tercel. :lol: