Optima Batteries

Thomas Aquinas

99StockGT - Oh yea, I kinda forgot you run an A.A store. I forget which one?

I work over off Roberts rd. So it's easy for me to go the A.A store of cemetery. I've been going there for awhile and there's a red haired girl (Leigh? I think her name is) that is really helpful.

Also, thanks for the info on who makes them! That warranty on the gold is nice. I'm not really set on an Optima, I've just read/heard they are decent batteries. I think you're changing my mind. I still run a battery tender on it, but that sounds like a good deal.

find an interstate dealer or if see if their warehouse on rt 3 in Westerville will sell to the public. I've worked in the repair industry for 12 years and have used/sold interstate batteries for about 6 of those and exide for the other 6.. the interstate by far out performed the exide and warranty issues were more than half. Hell I changed my dads from his ram this winter that I put in 2003!

+1 for interstate! They are the only batteries I ever use anymore.

+1 for interstate

My 03 Volvo S60 had the OEM interstate battery in it from the day I got it to the day I traded it in late last year. Battery had even been drained twice (left lights on) and it lived for years after.

As soon as my honda battery dies, a interstate is taking its place.

Glad to hear you are having a good experience with our location in your neck of the woods, I'll pass along the kudos. Regardless of what battery you are using, if the thing sits for long periods of times without use (drain/recharge) it's not going to be 100% healthy. Every spring I have people taking their toys out of storage from boats to bikes to mowers and toy cars all that have failing batteries.

I will certainly give a +1 to Interstate though, I have one in my 4Runner from when I bought it 5 years ago and with the exception of one draw down the battery has held out well. Something to keep in mind also, many of their batteries have higher than "normal" cold cranking amps so you can afford to lose more and still have a "good" battery.

Excellent! Thanks for your business, we certainly appreciate it. For the $10-20 more the Gold over the Silver is always the way to go. Glad Leigh could help you out.

It's odd how many of those Odyssey filters are only stocked at the warehouse. I have at least 4-5 a week that I've got to order in for the current gen...someone somewhere smarter than I never pushes them out to the stores pro-actively.

Optima batteries have found their way into a few of my cars, all of them red tops.

-02 Jeep Wrangler 4L

-98 Mustang GT

-06 Mustang GT

-09 Forester 2.5L

Only two batteries I would put in would be Optima (first choice) or Interstate. I had Interstate batteries in the Jeep and my Super duty. Jeep one sucked after about a year and the Super Duty's made it through the two or so years I had it.