CR Input on Team building at work

TTQ B4U

Okay, so I have a team building event as part of an upcoming work meeting and I'd like some ideas.

Keep in mind I have three reps that have some physical limitations, one bad hip, one broken arm, one with a bum foot from a bad break. Thus zip lining, etc is out.

What are some things you've done that were fun? Budget isn't a top concern.

Thoughts?

Cookout, pool party, taking to a nice dinner, etc.

I just announced our company picnic today (I work in HR) and we chose The Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay; probably not the best team building, but we allow families as well.

Personally, whatever you do, if budget isn't a concern I'd invite the families. Nothing brings co-workers together more than meeting families- it gives a personal connection (usually).

If budget isn't an issue... some of my favorites with my company have been...

• Trip with everyone to Chicago, NY, LA, Vegas or Miami see a show, go shopping, cover all expenses for the team, etc.
  • Shopping spree at Easton: Give out cash and you need to spend it all within a set time. Meet back up and have a private dinner and share stories of what you got.
  • Scavenger hunt across town. Big prizes for winners of various legs.. TVs, laptops, jet skis, etc.
  • Team bingo... big prizes make it fun.

Since twister is out, how about a gift when you get together? Maybe a polo or t-shirt with your company's name and logo on it for everyone? We get ours from Lands End but there are lots of options.

Blackwing always advertises company shooting events. It's a little out of the box but nothing says fun like a friendly shooting competition with 22's.

Okay, so I have a team building event as part of an upcoming work meeting and I'd like some ideas.

Keep in mind I have three reps that have some physical limitations, one bad hip, one broken arm, one with a bum foot from a bad break. Thus zip lining, etc is out.

What are some things you've done that were fun? Budget isn't a top concern.

Thoughts?

How many people? How many guys vs girls?

I do rent my ballroom studio out for private functions like this. Nothing is better for team building like ballroom dancing. It's hands on and fun and a bit more intimate to bring people together. Can have light snacks and wine/water available as well.

I used to have a team building plan with 3m and target corp in Minneapolis when I lived there.

We've done clay shooting which was really fun and accessible. I'm not sure if you have any in Columbus, but TopGolf is really fun. Round of golf at a local country club if they are able to do that much physical activity. For least amount of activity I always like renting out a theater like Alamo Drafthouse and having the whole place to yourselves with unlimited food/drinks or a luxury box at a sporting event.

I don't know how well this will work but our company took today off and did our annual Olympics. Company was split into four teams and we did different events. Everyone had to bring some sort of side dish and the main meal was provided. We had a great time and really brings people together.