Game of Thrones

RC K9

It kind of surprises me that the walking dead has it own million page thread, and that show is incredibly boring, but GoT doesn't.

Does anyone else here watch GoT? It's the only show that I have been able to stay consistently into and look forward to watching. I enjoy other shows like SOA, Boardwalk Empire, Fargo, but I don't look forward to the next episode the way I do with GoT...

GoT has taken the number 1 spot on my all time best series.

Last nights episode was nothing short of incredible. In 66 minutes, they tied up basically every lose end from the season and left a ton open for next season. I literally can't wait.

For the record:

1) GoT

2) SOA

3) Breaking Bad

4) House of Cards

5) Dexter

I started GoT in February and watched all 3 seasons in 3 weeks on HBO On Demand. This 9 month wait is going to suck ass.

The books are better

My wife is current on the books. She is usually pretty good about giving me a bit of info here and there, but not spoiling it for me. I am glad she read them because she is able to explain in depth how/why things happened, which helps make some of the events make more sense.

GoT has taken the number 1 spot on my all time best series.

Last nights episode was nothing short of incredible. In 66 minutes, they tied up basically every lose end from the season and left a ton open for next season. I literally can't wait.

For the record:

1) GoT

2) SOA

3) Breaking Bad

4) House of Cards

5) Dexter

I started GoT in February and watched all 3 seasons in 3 weeks on HBO On Demand. This 9 month wait is going to suck ass.

I like SOA, but it is time for that show to end because the club is just getting nowhere, and after how last season ended, I am ready for Gemma to die.

Breaking bad was good. House of Cards is good, Frank Underwood is cold as ice.

But nothing...I mean nothing, compares imho to GoT. Nothing comes close.

I like SOA, but it is time for that show to end because the club is just getting nowhere, and after how last season ended, I am ready for Gemma to die.

Breaking bad was good. House of Cards is good, Frank Underwood is cold as ice.

But nothing...I mean nothing, compares imho to GoT. Nothing comes close.

100% agree, but what I do like is that Kurt Sutter recognizes it basically needs to end, and this season is the last. I still can't wait to see how it all wraps up. Overall though, definitely an amazingly done series.

You are correct again...literally nothing compares to GoT anymore. It has taken it to a whole new level, and the 5-6 individual plots make it so easy to be hooked to.

I am pretty stoked to see how HoC's plays out. Frank is a true American bad ass, ha.

Silicone Valley is definitely awesome. Seems like the first season ended too quickly. I listened to part of an interview with Mike Judge on NPR in which they discussed this show alone with some other projects Mike was involved with such as office space. The part of the interview I listened to was pretty interesting.

I have read each of the books at least 5 times. Has been my favorite series of books for awhile. Some things they have been chaning in the show I like, while others just leave me scratching my head wondering WTF they are doing. Over all, love the show!

Silicone Valley is definitely awesome. Seems like the first season ended too quickly. I listened to part of an interview with Mike Judge on NPR in which they discussed this show alone with some other projects Mike was involved with such as office space. The part of the interview I listened to was pretty interesting.

I love npr , untill it goes to the hourly repeat.

GoT is great but Breaking Bad was better.

A solid example of Breaking Bad's superiority was last night's episode. Last summer, with the last few episodes of Breaking Bad coming down the pipe, media people and people connected to the show started saying the 3rd to last episode of the series, "Ozymandias", was the best episode they ever did and maybe the best episode of any TV show ever. I was kinda disappointed because I don't like hype but then the episode aired and it delivered and then some.

Fast forward to this past week, same shit being said by GoT's showrunners about the season finale. I reluctantly buy into it because I figured if Breaking Bad could deliver on AMC then GoT probably can too. Better than "The Mountain and The Viper?" Better than "The Laws of Gods and Men?" Better than "The Rains of Castamere?" That's a tough order but I believed them. And they didn't deliver. It fell a little flat and felt a little rushed. ESPECIALLY the Tyrion stuff. They even cut out some extremely important stuff from that whole scene vs. what was in the books.

Then what could have been the ultimate cliffhanger/twist/whatever that people were expecting to be there wasn't there at all. If you aren't going to end with that cliffhanger/twister/whatever then end with the Tyrion stuff, not Arya riding off on a boat. And do the Tyrion stuff as close to the books as possible, like they did the trial or the trial by combat.

I haven't read the books but I knew what was coming/what was supposed to come and I was disappointed. Those who have read the books were extremely disappointed. And this isn't like The Walking Dead were the comic readers have been disappointed in the show since season 2. GoT has done a fantastic job omitting stuff and expanding on stuff that made sense and actually made for better TV or even a better story in general. Last night they failed as much as they ever have with the changes/omissions.

The books are better

absolutely false!! I read the first 2 and got about 1/3 way through the 3rd one. GRRM is just way too fucking wordy for me. Way too much political bullshit that has nothing to do with the story line.

TV series is awesome and I love it!! Great finale Episode. Like someone else said, complete closure and still room for opportunity next season!