Does anyone know about AS 400

Goldie

Can anyone tell me about this program? I found a little bit of info online, but it says it is some IBM program from 1988. A job I want to apply for requires knowledge of this program, but I find it hard to believe this program from 1988 is still in use. Thanks in advance

Thanks a lot guys. Do you know of any online tutorials or anything of that nature. I would really like to work for this company, but dont know AS 400.

PS - For all of you IT guys, where and how long did it take for you to get your certification. I need to go back to school, and IT is definitely a field I am interested in, and pretty good at. Thanks again

For all of you IT guys, where and how long did it take for you to get your certification. I need to go back to school, and IT is definitely a field I am interested in, and pretty good at. Thanks again

I got my cert's in 99 in 6 months going to a school similar to New Horizons. But I had some experience and my timing was perfect.....all the Y2K concerns and the IT industry was booming. So with just my certs I landed my first real IT job right away. Things have changed a bit, the certs are harder to get and no experience will be a problem in this job market because there is a number of people looking that do have the experience. But still if you can swing it I would do at least a 2 year degree in IT at a local community college to make up for that.

AS 400 is a whole another world. A few quick tutorials won't get you there. Heck to run that system you need to also be able to program Cobol a little bit.

Edited by Tonik
formatting