Good Guys Show

JuicedH22

anybody going to the Kickoff party tonight at the Crowne Plaza Hotel?

6500 Doubletree Ave.

Columbus, OH

Starts at 5:00, supposedly a parking lot show aside from the ticketed food event inside.

how about the parking lot shows tomorrow:

Hilton Plaza at 6pm and the Columbus Crowne plaza north at 6pm?

I thought burnout spectating was Saturday? where on Busch Blvd does it start/end?

schedule here:

https://www.good-guys.com/pdf/weekend/2014/WeekHapsColumbus14.pdf

There are actually more than one locations to spectate the cruising. These are just impromptu sites. The one on Busch Blvd is basically the corner of 161 & Busch. There will be a bunch of show cars driving through the intersection. This spot is popular because the green spaces to spectate from and the Continent parking lots.

Another location is E. Campus View Blvd since there are several hotels there that the show attendees stay (the same reason for the Busch-161 intersection). However, the construction of 23-I270 interchange may put a damper. Other spots would be 17th Ave and I-71 and 11th Ave and 71 but those are not famous.

I'm sure there are more sites spread throughout including in Dublin. Basically where there are a lot of attendees stay, the area becomes a rolling car show.

Enjoyed it all the years I got free tickets, but now it's kind of a "meh" of a time once you add up $$$ for 2 adults, kids, parking...

Still cool if you ride in with a buddy or three and people watch, but not the same allure it once had for me.

It's sure gonna be nice weather...but yea, $40 for a couple to get in is just ridiculous.

Prolly gonna have a beer on the patio at the Lube, then hit up Busch and finish it off at the Crowne. I'll be in the loud Silver truck :)

Just got back from the Hilton at Polaris, the party had already started there. I will be out both night in the convertible vette or the 92 blue lx mustang.

Bring out the 92 ill cruise with ya

Went out last night and hung out out the Crowne plaza and did a few loop cruises until 10:00. Usual cops and locals doing an occasional burnout. Lots of cool cars though. Headed home and cruised by campus view. Zero cops and guys doing massive burn outs In front of winking lizard. They even had a water box set up. Didn't see one cop except out by the Marcus theater. They must have let up on Their presence at campus view. New rear tire shopping tomorrow.

Zero cops and guys doing massive burn outs In front of winking lizard. They even had a water box set up. Didn't see one cop except out by the Marcus theater. They must have let up on Their presence at campus view. New rear tire shopping tomorrow.

:lol:

I see what you did there:masturboy:

Bring out the 92 ill cruise with ya

Saw you out Saturday evening, we were set up at the Bob Evans. I had the mustang. I had one issue with a pos family letting their 14 year lean against my mustang when we were sitting in our chairs watching the action. I politely ask the kid to remove himself from my car, these people seemed not to understand why this was an issue. Overall, i had a good time up until this incident. I cant believe people today......

Edited by RS69

I went to Crowne Plaza also, it's was cool , even took a few laps of Busch. Afterwards went to Quaker Steak and Lube which was just bonkers with the amount of jackassery going on. There were people literally taking laps of the place just to do multiple burnouts, this one guy with a white 65-66 'stang notch was pretty committed to doing as many as he could till they told him to stop somewhere around 10pm.

I didn't meet any of you guys IRL because frankly I don't know what any of you look like, but I'll keep an eye out at Cars and Coffee this sat if anyone is going.

I was out cruising all 3 nights in my 69. I did quite a few burnouts on Campus view Saturday night and I'm curious was anyone on here video taping them? Seen a few people video taping and wouldn't mind seeing the action.

Saw you out Saturday evening, we were set up at the Bob Evans. I had the mustang. I had one issue with a pos family letting their 14 year lean against my mustang when we were sitting in our chairs watching the action. I politely ask the kid to remove himself from car, these people seemed not to understand why this was an issue. Overall, i had a good time up until this incident. I cant believe people today......

That shit pisses me off to no end. It's not permissible to ever lean up against, touch, or even breath on someone else's car without permission....and even if they give you permission it's still f'ing wrong. Don't touch the paint!!!!!