Fishing guys (need help)

XChris1632X

I have looked forward to this evening for over a week. I stayed up late last night and re tied all my lines, set up all my baits to get ready to go and even changed some things based on your guys tips. I fished until dark from 5pm and I got skunked. Both other guys in the boat hooked into a bass a piece but I beat the bank with everything and still walked away with nothing. I'm so over frustrated it's ridiculous.

I have looked forward to this evening for over a week. I stayed up late last night and re tied all my lines, set up all my baits to get ready to go and even changed some things based on your guys tips. I fished until dark from 5pm and I got skunked. Both other guys in the boat hooked into a bass a piece but I beat the bank with everything and still walked away with nothing. I'm so over frustrated it's ridiculous.

Yea, saw your report on OGF...Thats why they call it fishing and not catching HAHAHA ( : ogf.lame.remark : )

On a serious note, dude it takes a while to get these lakes/rivers/streams down. I've been at hardcore since I was 12, no amount of money/equipment can make up for time on the water. I'd suggest sticking with the closest body of water to you (sounds like it's Oshay) and just fish the piss out of it. Take notes, learn to mark waypoints/structure on your depthfinder (if you haven't already). Fish it high, fish it low, fish it all up and down. Don't just keep running all over Central Ohio trying to find the hot bite on a random lake; try and pattern the hot bite on your "home" lake.

This time of year the bite is going to be hit or miss most of the time. Again, come mid September, and basically all of October the bite is on more often then it is off.

I'd seriously offer to come with you but I'd want to troll most of the day, as I cast my arm off fishing Rivers from the bank 90% of the time (Derek has showed me "the way" when it comes to trolling open water).

Also, as Derek said before, Alum after dark can be awesome for Bass. I've experienced similar results in the flowing sections of our Rivers...especially this time of year. Can't imagine Oshay would be any different. A stupid amount of people leave the water at dark, right as the bite is about to turn on, leaving all but one or two boats (literally) on the water to pound the fish.

I mean what, that one giant Full Moon last summer, we hit something like 30+ Bass casting jigs on Alum (targeting Saugeye) from 12-4am. Note we're approaching a full Moon on Sunday; I'd seriously bet the bite has shifted and the Bass are feeding heavy after dark.

Note we're approaching a full Moon on Sunday; I'd seriously bet the bite has shifted and the Bass are feeding heavy after dark.

Came in here to post this. Being that I only fish my pond, I don't feel have much to offer in this. I'm more of a controlled environment, Vs chasing them down.