Gas Grills

jeffro

TL;DR:Best grill for under 200 bucks.

Just moved into a new place and finally have a place to put a grill. I left my old one to my old roommate when i moved out. I came across this thread http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112447&highlight=grill and determined the brinkman grills you find at home depot(?) are complete shit, and the webers are out of my price range. Ideally, a 3 burner would be good and id like a side burner. Ive had good luck with char-broils in the past mainly due to parts availability. What does CR recommend? Where is a good place to get one on the cheap?

Cheap grill = lasts 5 yrs at most.

Spend a little extra on a Weber and keep it nice for 15+ yrs. $399 for their low end 2 burner model and call it good. 10% off if you got a military friend. I got an off brand cheap gas grill brand new and it rusted out within 5 yrs. just my opinion.

Weber is the way to go. Spend more now and you'll be with that grill for a number of years. We've had ours for nearly 10yrs and it's like brand new. Fires up on the first push of the button every time. Fit and finish are still 9/10

If it wasn't for the fact that it was a birthday gift, I would have gone for a bigger sized grill. I won't likely buy another brand Gas Grill given what Weber has delivered.

I've had a Home Depot cheapo since I bought my house in 05. It still looks good since we keep it clean and covered.

My friend has a high dollar gas grill and the steaks he makes on it taste the same as the ones I make on mine. No sense in spending a ton on a grill of you can take care of it.

I purchased this grill in March and have had zero issues with it. It does not use a lot of gas, sides fold for less storage area and is perfect for living in a condo/apartment. I keep it in the garage to help its life last longer.

Also, my friend just bought one because he liked it so much.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Broil-2-Burner-Propane-Gas-Grill-463650414/203481040?N=5yc1vZc5t2Z12l4

I bought a Brinkman 6-burner a couple years ago (on sale for $299) and the ignitor didn't even work right after unboxing it. No biggie, I have a grill lighter, but that sounds like a sign of things to come. The bolts are starting to rust a little bit but otherwise it works fine.

Gas grills don't get cheap until it's near or at the end of fall.

Actually the end of August is typically when Summer items go on sale. As like many other things they bring out the next season stuff 1-2 months before.

So the OP really doesn't have long before they are on sale.

No help what so ever on what grill to get, but ive always heard if you go get a change of address packet at the post office doesnt it have like a 20% off lowes or home depot coupon. Might be worth a shot to go see if they still do this to get some money saved or move you up to the next price model.

As many have said, stay away from those Brinkmann pieces of crap. Very thin metal that warps because of the heat it does produce. All very cheap coatings on the grill surface.

Picked up a King-Griller brand a couple years ago and it is world of difference. Great heavy duty unit that I picked up at Menards for like $180. Picked up the charcoal add on unit so I can use either gas or charcoal on the same grill.

Just lift the lid on a Brinkman or similar cheap grill and feel the weight and thinness of the lid. Then go lift a Weber lid and remember that your a man. :gabe: It's amazing the difference in how it holds heat in and the temperature it can get to. Also don't fret too much over only a 2 or 3 burner grill, unless you have a huge family or only grill for parties 90% of the time your only grilling a few burgers at a time, you don't need all those extra burners to waste gas.

Welp, pulled the trigger on one. Saw a flyer for this guy at hhgreg (who knew they sold grills??)http://www.hhgregg.com/char-broil-40-000-btu-gas-grill/item/463436214

Seems well made, and heats up quickly. Really like the porcelain cast iron grates. Maybe slightly larger than i need but for the price i couldn't pass it up.

Not going to lie...that is pretty cool.

-Marc

Yeah i have been drooling over it and others similar. Have surgery this month and will be down for a few months so I am hoping to pick it up during the winter months for next year.