Forget Ford...

RC K9

63000mi. This weekend my truck threw P0430. 3rd issue since I bought it Nov 2011. good times.

If it's a catalytic converter, the warranty on those is longer. So it still may be covered. (again, depending on what the actual issue is)

IIRC special emissions 96 months or 80,000 miles

Jordan recommends Audi Q7s. Try those.

http://replygif.net/i/272.gif

Jordan...you want my truck? :lolguy:

Yes. For real.

Let me know what you want to replace it with. :fuckyeah:

I had to recall my '13 gt500. Lemoned it out. It sucked. I had high expectations for that car. Realizing ALL fords aren't like this, I bought a '14 raptor. It's a sweet ride. I drove home in a blizzard yesterday, cruising at 75mph. Yes, I was THAT guy who goes flying by in the other lane while everyone "white knuckles" it at 45mph. Kudos to ford, for putting out such a beast of a truck

I had to recall my '13 gt500. Lemoned it out. It sucked. I had high expectations for that car. Realizing ALL fords aren't like this, I bought a '14 raptor. It's a sweet ride. I drove home in a blizzard yesterday, cruising at 75mph. Yes, I was THAT guy who goes flying by in the other lane while everyone "white knuckles" it at 45mph. Kudos to ford, for putting out such a beast of a truck

I think you need to update your sig for the new rides, and update garage pics with the updated rides(in your own thread ) DOO ITTT

Have you called the dealer to see if what ever the issue is covered? Hope you get it fixed up boss

The 3rd issue in 3.5 years. Sounds like a real POS. /sarcasm

If vehicles weren't expected to break, they wouldn't have warranties.

Most things are designed with the hopes that they just outlast the warranty. For most companies a warranty is just a money maker.

If it's a catalytic converter, the warranty on those is longer. So it still may be covered. (again, depending on what the actual issue is)

IIRC special emissions 96 months or 80,000 miles

That's what I am hoping.

Yes. For real.

Let me know what you want to replace it with. :fuckyeah:

2012 GT-R

The 3rd issue in 3.5 years. Sounds like a real POS. /sarcasm

If vehicles weren't expected to break, they wouldn't have warranties.

Are you being serious? Can't tell if joking, or just stupid.

Most things are designed with the hopes that they just outlast the warranty. For most companies a warranty is just a money maker.

This.

Love my fords but I will never buy a v-6 from them. I stick to the v-8's and that is about it.

3.0 duratec is pretty bullet proof. Not the best on gas or power, but great on reliability.

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine down here had '14 5.0. Took it into for for 6000mi oil change. Got it home, heard a ticking. Took it back to Ford. They contact him 2wks later with pics of glitter in the oil pan and news that it was a broken wrist pin.

He traded it in the day he got it back with a new motor.

Friend of mine down here had '14 5.0. Took it into for for 6000mi oil change. Got it home, heard a ticking. Took it back to Ford. They contact him 2wks later with pics of glitter in the oil pan and news that it was a broken wrist pin.

He traded it in the day he got it back with a new motor.

No offense but pick and brand, make, model, etc...and I can list a similar story. They all have issues at some point, hope you find one that's trouble free... ;)

No offense but pick and brand, make, model, etc...and I can list a similar story. They all have issues at some point, hope you find one that's trouble free... ;)

Sure they do. Some much worse/common/more expensive than others.

Don't expect perfection. Just not the kind of issues referenced above for 3 different cases.

• 2 months later...

Tossed 2 codes this weekend while it was all rainy outside. Random misfire and left bank catalytic converter. The good thing is, the cat is covered up to 8yrs/80,000mi, and I have 68,000 on the truck. So I just made that. The bad thing is, they have to order the part.

As for the misfire, (I am sure they are related) as the they came on at the same time), they wanted to sell me a tune up for $450. PCM update, fuel system treatment, and spark plugs.

My response was, "I just had the PCM updated a year ago. Now you want to charge me to update it again?"

Ford Rep, "Yes. It looks like a new update is available. You know how your home computer receives updates? Well, it's pretty much the same thing."

Me, "Yeah, my computer updates for free, yet you guys want to charge me to do it. So are you telling me Ford wants to nail me $100 every year because they can't get the programming right?"

Ford Rep, *no response*.

As for the fuel system, I told them I just had it done a year ago, i'm not doing that again. And the Ford spark plugs cost $26 from o'reilly's, and 30min of my time. I'll pass. Please just order the cat and let me know when it will be in so I can bring my truck back to have it installed.

lulz. good times.

Tossed 2 codes this weekend while it was all rainy outside. Random misfire and left bank catalytic converter. The good thing is, the cat is covered up to 8yrs/80,000mi, and I have 68,000 on the truck. So I just made that. The bad thing is, they have to order the part.

As for the misfire, (I am sure they are related) as the they came on at the same time), they wanted to sell me a tune up for $450. PCM update, fuel system treatment, and spark plugs.

My response was, "I just had the PCM updated a year ago. Now you want to charge me to update it again?"

Ford Rep, "Yes. It looks like a new update is available. You know how your home computer receives updates? Well, it's pretty much the same thing."

Me, "Yeah, my computer updates for free, yet you guys want to charge me to do it. So are you telling me Ford wants to nail me $100 every year because they can't get the programming right?"

Ford Rep, *no response*.

As for the fuel system, I told them I just had it done a year ago, i'm not doing that again. And the Ford spark plugs cost $26 from o'reilly's, and 30min of my time. I'll pass. Please just order the cat and let me know when it will be in so I can bring my truck back to have it installed.

lulz. good times.

Put new plugs in it and call it a day... :lolguy:

Does it indicate which cylinder is missing or just a random code?

Random. Didn't specify. Just the 0300 generic code.

They ended up getting the part in yesterday and replacing the cat. I don't know why they designed it the way they did. The whole thing is one assembly on something like a y pipe. So instead of just removing a cat and putting a new one in, they have to replace the whole thing containing both cats. Seems like a huge waste of materials, but whatever, it got replaced and is covered under warranty as emissions parts are 8yrs/80,000mi. I made it by 12,000mi. If it happens again when it's out of warranty...i'm putting a catless downpipe on and getting a tuner and calling a day.

Put new plugs in it and call it a day... :lolguy:

They wanted to charge me something stupid to do the plugs, so I said no thanks. Picked up my truck, bought the ford plugs for $26 at oreilly's on the way home, did them in my driveway.