LETTUCE TALK CAGES

STEVE-O

Ok I am looking and pricing out a project. Where would you go to get a cage done at? Mat I think is getting out of trying to do them ( if this is not true he would be my first choise) and I am not trying to spend a ton.

So do you trust the fab work of a jegs cage? Is the quality good enough? easier to have someone fab one up from scratch?

Ok I am looking and pricing out a project. Where would you go to get a cage done at? Mat I think is getting out of trying to do them ( if this is not true he would be my first choise) and I am not trying to spend a ton.

So do you trust the fab work of a jegs cage? Is the quality good enough? easier to have someone fab one up from scratch?

Not trying to spend a ton is a great way to get a totally not safe cage done and get your car fucked up in the process.

If you go over on Yellowbullet there are all kinds of threads where people tried to "not spend a ton" and got screwed.

My advice is to save up to have someone who knows what they are doing put it in, otherwise you could be posting a thread later about getting screwed over.

As for the cage itself, I would avoid Jegs and go with Midwest Chassis or a Wolfe pre made kit.

Well I don't mind spending money on safety but also not tying to break bank just want it to be able to be safe and meet the requirements for the track

Buy a Midwest Kit and go to John Moore at Moorspeed performance, Holt Race cars or PK Race Cars.

Those are the only local places I know of that would do something like that. You can also check with Big 3 Racing up in north east ohio.

Anything bad about say the pre done kits except like anything else having to make adjustments for fit etc? I only ask because jegs has everyone from 8-12 point and says they meet all nhra requirements but they do scare me only being $300

Anything bad about say the pre done kits except like anything else having to make adjustments for fit etc? I only ask because jegs has everyone from 8-12 point and says they meet all nhra requirements but they do scare me only being $300

those are as good as the person installing them

Pat martin@ martin motorsports hands down one of the best Chassis shops in Ohio.

Best thing to do it have someone Bend you a cage for your car. Pre made ones normaly look and fit bad

+1

PK Race Cars or Larry Houck jr. out in Thornville is who I would go to. Both are top notch, although Larry isnt a big name yet.

Just dont think you are gonna break the norm, and take the advise given so far.

Don't worry guys, Steve has been pricing out projects since I met him 4 years ago. He won't be getting hurt any time soon lol.

says the man who still cant beat a stock ls car, il have something to play with soon enough

this thread needs a cage

I am looking at 2 different cars in question ( one today with a cage already) and another without so was trying to get a idea on what the value of a well installed cage is except safety of course but actual $$$ amount, everyone gave me a good idea looking and calling around I feel its worth anywhere from 1500-2k added value at least for me if done correctly.

says the man who still cant beat a stock ls car, il have something to play with soon enough

Haha shit son, bring that turd burglar slomaro over when you get it running and I'll show you the way a "powered by rice SkidRacer" takes care of that.

Haha shit son, bring that turd burglar slomaro over when you get it running and I'll show you the way a "powered by rice SkidRacer" takes care of that.

My god it's a damn trans am first second it is no longer mine :) you will see

Dad had a jegs cage in his '80 trans-am.

as Jones said it's a rough frame... no notches or anything, will need some adjustments.... Dad did all the cutting and had a friend weld it in...

I mean, he never tested the cage... but it looked sturdy and passed tech.

Dad had a jegs cage in his '80 trans-am.

as Jones said it's a rough frame... no notches or anything, will need some adjustments.... Dad did all the cutting and had a friend weld it in...

I mean, he never tested the cage... but it looked sturdy and passed tech.

How well do you think the fit ment is to the car?