Cars and Coffee 7-26

wagner

No on the flash.

I don't know any of the professional photographers that regularly do cars, using a flash.

I know Curt well and will just leave his post here. He's 110% spot on and helped me quite a bit years ago when I got more involved in shooting cars.

http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/

^^ all the above said and to read through, I wasn't there for Brian when he pulled out his flash, but nonetheless, learning is what it's all about. Are his shots perfect, no, but they are good and the key is he will without a doubt learn about diffusion, read up, practice, read up and practice more. He will however show that using a flash on automotive shots is very successful and often key to really good shots.

I know Curt well and will just leave his post here. He's 110% spot on and helped me quite a bit years ago when I got more involved in shooting cars.

http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/

^^ all the above said and to read through, I wasn't there for Brian when he pulled out his flash, but nonetheless, learning is what it's all about. Are his shots perfect, no, but they are good and the key is he will without a doubt learn about diffusion, read up, practice, read up and practice more. He will however show that using a flash on automotive shots is very successful and often key to really good shots.

Bookmarking link. I forgot to pull the diffusion tab down on the flash, lesson learned. I was shooting run and gun with no assistant so I don't have time for light reflectors and all that fancy junk :lol:

Bookmarking link. I forgot to pull the diffusion tab down on the flash, lesson learned. I was shooting run and gun with no assistant so I don't have time for light reflectors and all that fancy junk :lol:

I have a couple extra diffusors and fancy junk you can have for nothing. Dupicate purchases over time as I have so much stuff :o I gotta get my arse to C&C this year....