Outdoor car cover?

zeitgeist57

I'm looking at moving my 1995 BMW out of the garage for a nicer DD; it will hibernate in the winter and mostly be driven on nice days during the summer.

The paint/top/interior are in great shape, and I'd like to keep it that way, especially with regards to sun/snow/rain damage. Does anyone store a car under a cover outdoors here in Ohio, and have recommendations for what to look for and what cover to buy? Figure on $300 or so?

Thanks!

If you have space for it check out the tent type car ports, harbor freight sells some decently cheap ones. From what I have heard and actual cover outside is not too good of an idea because they can dull the paint when the wind blows on them and they rub.

I had a car cover made for the Subaru for when I was out of the contry and it was being stored in a driveway. I just checked my emails, but couldn't find the company I went with. It was about $200 for a cover specific to my car, and it had a cable looped in the bottom of the cover, so I could secure the cover. I was made of a thricker, breathable material to prevent condensation gathering.

I know this isn't much help, but know that is out ther. GL

Joe, how did the paint fare? Any regrets to using a cover? I'd take it on and off every so often...

Keith, I know about the HF tents but I'd like to avoid that ghetto action for my neighbor's benefit if at all possible...or maybe cut it down so it's a lot lower profile???

Joe, how did the paint fare? Any regrets to using a cover? I'd take it on and off every so often...

Keith, I know about the HF tents but I'd like to avoid that ghetto action for my neighbor's benefit if at all possible...or maybe cut it down so it's a lot lower profile???

No issues at all. We took the battery out of the car. About every 3 months my buddy would go out and put it in, then start the car to let it run. There were a few good storms, but nothing ever showed on the car.

Covercraft. Makes some of the best, have one for the Moostang and love it, they have different types depending on where you are going to be storing it. Fits like a glove. Look around online and can usually find em decent bit cheaper then off the Covercraft site

http://www.covercraft.com/

Had two other friends get them after seeing mine and they agree it's the best covers they have had.