more damage!!

OsuMj

And with the help of a box, I hoisted my exhaust back into place and finished up all of the silver paint. I think it looks a little plain... idk, we'll see, but here's some before and after.

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3126&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3127&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3128&thumb=1picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=1075&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3129&thumb=1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could have gotten a picture of me putting the exhaust back on... lol. I leaned over the seat and put all of my weight on it so that I could lift the front end of the bike, then I picked up the left side of the exhaust with my right hand, and i lifted the right side with my right foot, then put the bolts in with my left hand... it was pretty awkward & hilarious.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of me putting the exhaust back on... lol. I leaned over the seat and put all of my weight on it so that I could lift the front end of the bike, then I picked up the left side of the exhaust with my right hand, and i lifted the right side with my right foot, then put the bolts in with my left hand... it was pretty awkward & hilarious.

sounds like you were a contortionist for a moment... THAS HOT!!!00020164.gif

What? No hillbilly in ya? Throw a horse blanket on the front lawn, and lay the bike out on it's side. So much easier to work on that way...

What? No hillbilly in ya? Throw a horse blanket on the front lawn, and lay the bike out on it's side. So much easier to work on that way...

eh, i enjoy the challenge of doing things the hard way lol.

eh, i enjoy the challenge of doing things the hard way lol.

Next time hook up the rear of the exhaust with wire or something, while the header bolts/nuts get started in the front. Header flanges can be touchy about leaking, so it all has to be close to final position when torqued down.

Yeah, I know... I said "hook up the rear", I left that wide open...

Yeah I know... I said "wide open", I left.... oh nm, geez...

that's your new slogan now....

"MJ...awkward and hilarious"

great, its like i'm in high school again :nono: awkward...

It looks good.

Though I thought you were going to paint the hearders black.

yeah, i'm going back & forth on that... two things:

1. I think the silver is gonna get dirty easy (my bike is super greasy), so black might be better ?

2. I think it looks really plain the way it is, which might just be because i'm not used to it.

Next time hook up the rear of the exhaust with wire or something, while the header bolts/nuts get started in the front. Header flanges can be touchy about leaking, so it all has to be close to final position when torqued down.

Yeah, I know... I said "hook up the rear", I left that wide open...

Yeah I know... I said "wide open", I left.... oh nm, geez...

yeah...lol, I still have to go back and tighten everything up...