more damage!!

OsuMj

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For headers, use high temp engine/header paint, basically the same just a higher temp rating. I think atleast. But ya that ll be fine for the headers, as for the cans, honestly, I doubt that they get hot enough to even worry about high temp. But just as a percausion I would use it.

I was on campus today briefly, Lane and Summit, my boy with a GSXR we are putting back together lives there.

I can't sleep if my bike isn't in a garage overnight. And anytime I leave it at a public place I am extremely nervous on my walk back to it. If that shit happens to me... my head might explode. F--k campus

For headers, use high temp engine/header paint, basically the same just a higher temp rating. I think atleast. But ya that ll be fine for the headers, as for the cans, honestly, I doubt that they get hot enough to even worry about high temp. But just as a percausion I would use it.

I was on campus today briefly, Lane and Summit, my boy with a GSXR we are putting back together lives there.

:plus1:

The headers get extremely hot.

so like hotter than 500? My hair straightener goes to 400 so i would guess combustion is hotter than that... lol hahahha... ok, i'll look it up tomorrow and get that all straightened out. thanks!!

Ya hotter the 500, I believe 500 is brake caliper paint normally, or possibly exhaust "cans" as RC said. For headers you ll want like the 1800 or whatever temp paint. Just a side note, do this when the bike is COLD and hasn't been run at all. Condensaition/heat will make the paint not stick.

:)

Can I spray paint exhaust lines with high temperature (500F) paint?? I got on this little "make my bike look nice" kick, and I painted the frame, metal on foot pegs, kickstand, foot brake lever, today... my exhaust is all scratched up and i wanted to fix that up too.

Get a header/engine paint aerosol from like Autozone/Advanced Auto Parts or any automotive store....usually they come in black and chrome enamel....they are ceramic based and will withstand your header/exhaust can temp easily....you need to prolly sand your shiny cans with a 400/600 lil bit so that the paint will stick better,they are usually satin finish.

DupliColor has been around a long time. I'm not sure it's the most premium stuff, but it works if done right. Both 500F engine paint, and 1800F header paint, in various colors.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

can_engine.jpg

Dupli-Color® Engine Enamel with Ceramic

• Resists temperatures up to 500 degrees F
  • Durable ceramic formulatio
  • Superior high gloss finishes
  • Oil and gas resistant
  • Will not blister, flake, crack or peel
  • 36 colors matched to OEM standards
  • 6 Classic Colors, 7 Hot Rod Colors
  • EZ Touch® Nozzle

Dupli-Color® High Heat Paint with Ceramic

• Resists temperatures up to 1200 degrees F, intermittently
  • Durable ceramic formulation
  • Tough cured finish resists oil, gas grease, rust, salt, humidity, and solvents
  • 6 colors
  • EZ Touch® Nozzle

The color chart for these:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/colors/highheat.html

Engine enamel painting tips:

http://www.duplicolor.com/solutions/tips.html

I don't know about the AutoZones in your area, but around me, they just don't stock it up. I often can't find what I want for paint and paint gear. The Advanced Auto Parts will probably have more stuff on the shelf to check out.

It was really windy for a while today, it might have blown over, or a bike next to it blew over and got your's too. It doesn't happen often, but I had one blown over into a chain link fence. And with a cover on a bike, I've seen bikes move about from the parachute effect in high winds (Mine, a couple of nights ago. It helps if it's cabled down and can't move too far.)

Sorry to hear it MJ, it's time to do some work on your bike. It won't be fun to ride as it is now. Buy locally or mail order, a rear brake lever right away. Make a list of all you see, old and new problems, and let's get it fixed. Safety items first. Plastics also. Whatever it takes. I'm sure we'll help you out.

Anybody seen an EX500 in any of the bike-yards? For parts?

Sorry about that. Kawi's are the only thing I ever see in the "yard"

I have some flat black and satin black hi temp spray paint. Let me know if you need some. Had to touck up the Z in some spots after stopping that drunk driver.

Thank, but I ended up just buying a can and painting most of it today... its looking considerably better. I haven't been doing a spectacular job with the paint, but it still looks a heck of a lot better than it did.

some of the damage/general yuck:

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3119&thumb=1

and after i've painted the silver... still gotta do the black:

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3118&thumb=1

I'm pretty stoked... hiding some of the rust... woot!

Thank, but I ended up just buying a can and painting most of it today... its looking considerably better. I haven't been doing a spectacular job with the paint, but it still looks a heck of a lot better than it did.

some of the damage/general yuck:

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3119&thumb=1

and after i've painted the silver... still gotta do the black:

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=3118&thumb=1

I'm pretty stoked... hiding some of the rust... woot!

That does look better. You need to teach WhoDey how to paint. lol

Good looking out!

+1 more for the Hondas! Already pricing my next baby.

Looks much better painted and even hides the rust! BONUS!

You getting a RC51?

Got pix of the newly painted exhaust?

I decided to cook my dinner last night so I spent 2 hours doing that instead of painting... yeah. so anyway, I'll probably finish that up whenever I get out of work...