Eibach suspension question

FatHemiDude

I can't help on the springs, but for the SS Impala I did shocks and sway-bars when I first bought the car. That with new tires made an incredible difference in the handling. The new sway-bars are HUGE solid bars, and body roll was reduced significantly. I can corner hard enough now that I have trouble staying in the seat.

The Eibach anti-roll bars are as big as Hell.

Yesterday afternoon after picking the car up from IPS I took some turns I've taken literally hundreds of times over the past three summers and the difference in how the car behaved truly was remarkable. Those same twists that produced not insignificant body roll are now flatly negotiated, even at increased speed. Car feels much....tighter? If that makes any automotive sense.

I'm curious what you think of the new springs since that was one of the next purchases for the Impala.

The drop, while there, wasn't dramatic by any means. I've read they settle a little lower with time. I like the look. These cars came from the factory with way too much fender gap.

I'm unsure how much of the suspension gains are related to the springs vs. anti-roll bars (other than the obvious bars being responsible for the reduction, or frankly elimination, of body roll in the aforementioned familiar turns) but it was immediately obvious upon the first hard brake application that the nose of the car didn't dip near as far as it had previously. Which was pretty fucking cool.

Good to know there is another home brewer here on the board.

Oh, and I'm a home brewer too.

Prost!

• 3 weeks later...

After a few hundred miles with the Eibach Pro-Plus kit installed, I gotta say I love it. Really flattened the car out. highly recommended, at least for the 2012 Challenger R/T application. Only one I have personal experience with, at any rate.

EBC Sport Series rotors & Red Stuff brake pads are next on the list. Or maybe sub frame connectors. Probably both.

I would go with dampers next. Brakes would be next if there was fading, even so, pads would be first then cooling ducts; rotors are probably the last. Red Stuff is appropriate for track application, there is a possibility that operating temperature will never be reached for street application.

I would go with dampers next. Brakes would be next if there was fading, even so, pads would be first then cooling ducts; rotors are probably the last. Red Stuff is appropriate for track application, there is a possibility that operating temperature will never be reached for street application.

Again, forgive my automotive ignorance, but "dampers" replace the stock shocks, correct? Eibach does make an application for my car. Less that $500.

damper is a generic term for a shock/struts

I'd see what they recommend, and who they use for their kits. bilstein is a good brand, and koni is decent too.

Thanks. The car came equipped with the 'Super Track Pak' option that has Bilstein shocks from the factory.